1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Date problems

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by spaceintime2032, Aug 7, 2017.

1. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I posted last week that the date went well. But we went for are second date yesterday. The thing is though I don’t find him attractive at all. This where the problem is he is a really nice and decent man. I don’t know what to really do has I am friends with him on facebook so that complicates things too.

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it has to complicate it because you are friends on Facebook, you just have to be honest with him. It is hard sometimes but always for the best. Just tell him you have enjoyed the dates and you like him as a friend but for you there is nothing else there.

3. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your right I after tell him that.

4. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    does This sound good I am going to do it soon. I have enjoyed the two dates and I like you as a friend. But I am not ready for a relationship at the present time.

5. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes that sounds good. My only question would be are you planning to potentially date anyone else?

6. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I could have a relationship with a man but I don’t think I am ready for any physical side to a relationship yet with my ocd been like it is. maybe in four to seven months. I just have to get overcome my ocd for the physical side to a relationship. I am getting help through cbt so I will get there to that point.

7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah that's fine there is no rush. The only reason I asked because I thought if you tell him you aren't ready for a relationship but then got into another one that might be hurtful.
    Not that he will necessarily say this but what if he turned around and said he would wait four to seven months would there be a possibility of you wanting to date him then?

8. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I know what you mean if I say I don’t want a relationship and still go on the dating site and he goes on it and I get a relationship it would be crual. I think I am better to put what you put down in the first response. I don’t want a relationship with him at all.

#8 spaceintime2032, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  9. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was my concern. I know it feels harsh to tell someone you are not interested in them that way but it's the kindest thing just to be honest.

10. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I will tell him shortly what you telled me to put. Thank you for helping me.

11. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No worries.

12. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I telled him he took it well he said he liked that I was honest and he said we can remain friends on facebook. so everythings fine now.

13. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  14. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    He must of been hurt by my rejection because he unfriended me on facebook. I know what it is like to be rejected so I know what he feels like. But theres nothing I can do hope he finds a boyfriend soon.

#14 spaceintime2032, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  15. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's a shame but sometimes it's difficult to be friends with someone you like if they don't return your feelings. You still did the right thing. He will find someone.

16. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I understand that he liked me and he could’nt deal with me not showing feelings back to him and he unfriended me on facebook. He will find a boyfriend soon.

17. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am talking now to three people now one been on the dating site who is really nice person. and one on whats app who I rarely speak due in the day to as he work long shifts through the night he seems a nice person too. and there is other man who I liked on the dating site and I messaged him but he didn’t get back till about a few weeks back I messaged to him about are interestsI like and about what it says on his dating profile about his interests and he said he would more like it if was in person has he likes to get know a person that way .we whats app messaged them he asked me if I wanted to go to the city near me has he doesn’t want a date yet just to get know each with a alcoholic drink and with a light meal. and then said two days before I can’t make I have go somewhere with my mum and father. and then he messaged me a last Saturday do you want to for a alcoholic drink and light lunch a Monday as I am not a work. he did it again a Monday came and said the say again I can’t make it as I am busy sorry can we make for next week. the problem for me he messaged me again Friday just gone and said how still up for it and I said I would sooner message about are same interest and what we want in life and general get to know each other. but he said I likes to get to know each other in person again. I did say to him I am newly gay to people and he said you're a newbie thats okay and said if you're not want to meet thats okay and silly me said I do still find you attractive and he said are we still up for a drink and light lunch and I said yes. I got home and I messaged him I am still wanting to know more about you and you about me. I said I didn’t know his name still which I did has it came my Facebook friends feed who people I might know. He telled me his name and I telled him my name and we made Facebook friends. he did tell me about how he wants go on holiday to America and his favourite beer but that all I got about ten minute about me and him and then he said do you still want to meet I said yes. he said I could pick you in my car as I won’t drink then and we can go some where. I said there Italian restaurant in the other town he looked it up and said its closed for them dates. And I said what about this steak restaurant in your town he said yes that all right we can meet a Wednesday this week about three after I finish work I said I will get the bus there. I don’t know what to think any advice.

18. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well he sounds a bit flakey and meeting someone before I know anything about them isn't something I would want to do but some people are ok with that. I definitely wouldn't let him pick you up in his car. Just make sure you do things safely, meet in a public place, make sure you don't drink too much and don't do anything you feel uncomfortable with. If you don't want to meet him there is nothing wrong with that.

19. spaceintime2032

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My ocd as been bad the last ten days I have not really slept much just doing mental rituals all the time so I had to higher my anti depressants the other day myself don’t think I am ready when I come to think of it for an another date yet. The other people won’t be wanting a date yet so they seem more like they are better for me.

20. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Cool, stick with them then.

Have you spoken to your doctor about increasing your meds?

#20 silverhalo, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017