1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dancing?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kevin k, May 8, 2019.

1. Kevin k

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I thought it would be romantic to learn how to dance with my boyfriend. Thing is, I don't know anything about dancing. The only experience I have is watching other people dance at family weddings. Now, I know I could just look it up on youtube, but I haven't posted on here in a while, and I wanted to ask first. I am also aware that there are different roles in romantic dancing for male and female. How does it work with 2 guys?

2. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on the couple. My husband is actually professionally trained in dance so is a much better dancer than I am, but I'm much taller which feels more natural for leading. So, basically if we're just doing a dance or two like at a wedding I lead, but if it's a whole evening of it or we're going to be doing any kind of showboating he leads.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you thought about taking dancing classes? Since you're in high school, there may be classes at school.

4. johndeere3020

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The easiest steps to learn would be the "the two step" or a "waltz" I'm guessing. We had like two months of dancing in gym glass every winter. AHH the square dancing is bringing back bad memories!
    If I remember a waltz will always be in 3/4 time. 123,123 ect without stepping on each other toes!

Dean