1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cut on Roof of Mouth?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Tim, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tim

Tim

Well, a week ago or so, I was eating something (I really don't remember what... I think it was Garlic Bread?) and I remember a pain in my mouth. Then nothing. A few days ago, I started feeling a massive amount of pain on the roof of my mouth. Just from rubbing my tongue against it (which it does naturally), and eating is even more painful.

If I put a cloth or tissue (etc) to it, there is visible blood. Atm, I don't find it necessary to go to the doctor for this, but I was wondering if anyone know of a way to treat this? You cant very well put things for normal cuts into your mouth, so I'm completely at a loss -.-;

And it's not infected. After I wake up, it's fine, until about 30 min, in which multiple things tend to cause it to I guess open up again?

2. HalfInsane

I seem to be talented at cutting the roof of my mouth when I eat pizza with overcooked crust. For me it always heals and goes away eventually, as it should for you. I really wouldn't worry too much, as you said it's not infected. Just stay away from dryer, scratchy foods (such a toast) so as not to reopen the wound.

3. Como

Como Guest

The mouth has a tendency to self heal really effectively. As long as it seems to be getting better I would just avoid foods that could irritate it and let it run it's course.

I'm not sure there's much a doctor could do, anyway.

4. Just Adam

..... soft food and liquid diet for a few days.... ive cut my mouth before it happens.... only go to doctor if the wound becomes inflamed and infected that can happend from food but if you use mouth wash you should be fine :slight_smile:

5. -Michael-

Eat lots of spicy food and salty food.

Also swill your mouth with lots of fizzy drinks.

8)

6. No One

I gor a hug cut on the roof of my mouth from my bassoon. Really you cant do anything and it will take a long time to heal. I did mine in 6th grade and it is just now starting to fully heal. Of coarse i did jam a metal bar into the top of my mouth so mine was much worse than yours sounds. either way don't worry it will be fine.

7. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try rinsing your mouth out with a 50/50 mixture of water and hydrogen peroxide. I do that when I get a cut in my mouth and it heals up in about 3 days for me. Also try to avoid the harder foods that may irritate it more.

8. Jim1454

When I had my wisdom teeth removed, I was told to rinse with a solution of warm salt water. That is supposed to encourage the healing process somehow.

9. Katherine

The land of rednecks and pine trees (Georgia)
    Ack, I hate that. Potato chips are the worst for me. Especially the extra-crispy kind.

You could try rinsing it out with warm saltwater; I think someone already suggested that. Usually I just leave it alone and eat soft food for the next few days until it heals.

10. Gumtree

Haha I hate mouth cuts!

The mouth is the fastest healing part of the body, so you're in luck! I doubt it's necessary to see a Doc atm, just try to avoid hard food for 48 hours so you don't disturb the clotting. 2 days should be plenty for it to be healed enough for you to eat properly.

11. ekalter

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    i got a small cut on the roof of my mouth kind of in the corner by my molars. i have braces and i have to wear rubber bands. in order to get the rubber bands i have to read in the back of my mouth where the cut is. should i not put in rubber bands until its healed so my fingers wont touch it and get it infected?:dry::icon_sad::help:

12. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This thread is from 2009. Please remember to check dates before you post :slight_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.