1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cut off from will

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Andstillimhere7, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So apparently my mom wants to cut me off the will because I don't agree with her. What happened was that my dad got cheated on by her and so since I haven't been on her side through all of this and making her feel like the oppressor (she was) she took me out as a beneficiary. i heard this from my brother and dad. As far as I'm concerned I'm kinda pissed that she would be that petty but whatever my life isn't fucked. THis could also be all talk but to be that petty is stupid. Though I do want to slap her.

2. Dionysios

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My friend, you shouldn't have allowed yourself to have been drawn into your parent's marital discord. That is like a civilian being caught in the midst of No Man's Land as enemy soldiers in opposing trenches fire on each other. My own father cheated on my mother multiple times. I didn't condone it and tried not pick one side or the other. Instead I attempted to maintain communication with both my parents. It was difficult. I offered my mom sympathy and support but did the same with my dad (he was drinking and under financial pressure) I loved them both and didn't want to pick one over the other.

Your real issue is not that you are scratched off the will, but rather, that your mom has rejected you. I suspect that feel very hurt about it. Wanting to slap her shows that you are angry are about it. You need to FORGIVE her for her cheating and for her cruel treatment of you. Holding on to anger hurts you and poisons your relationship your mom. She may not be smiling, friendly Mrs Wally Cleaver, but she is and will always be your mom. Don't worry about the will. Try to show her a little love and compassion. She herself may be hurting, perhaps due to shame or remorse over her conduct. Show her that she has your love. That may make all the difference and allow you two to patch this up. I really hope so! *smile*