1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious about my penis (Non-Circumsized)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Andrew, May 24, 2008.

1. Andrew

Thanks. I am going right now.. I am scared like crap. :frowning2:

-Luis

2. Andrew

I cried for 1 hour. It took the doctor 1 hour to only remove the band-aid because I won't let him. I was crying and crying and almost passed out :/ at least its over. The stitches are going away by itself tho ( thank god ). It was the most painful thing in the world. My penis feels like a whole new thing. Its very like numb? And sensitive and its breathing now lol. When it was removed the head shrunk and then grew.

-Luis

Then What Karabulut replied:

Was it really painful or was it the fear of it being painful that bothered you?

Look at the bright side- you can take a shower now! It will feel really good to wash your hair and get clean.

Yeah, if you've never had a surgery before then there is a strange numb feeling around the incision for a few weeks. Remember, that the nerves there were used to having some extra skin that they were feeling before. Now that the extra skin is gone, it will take them a little while to relearn what everything is like down there now.

When I had my appendix out back when I was in college, the area where they made the incision was numb for about a month and then the sensation came back. That's normal.

Well, now that you can see it- granted it's still swollen- how does it look? It sounds like he did use self-dissolving stitches, so those will be gone in the next week as they dissolve.

Me Replying :/ :

I think it was a combination of both.. About the pain and the fear.. Because I could feel the pain. He said my mom missed an appointment. And that I was suppose to come on Wednesday.. :/ But Yeah. I am making an appointment on Next Wednesday, because he wants to see how its doing and how its heeling. Blah Their very very itching. And yes that is true about the numbing but its annoying -_-.

About the look, it look disgusting. Makes me want to barf :/ Blah I can see all the stitches and stuff. :frowning2:

-Luis :bang:

3. panda

It will look OK in time. The worst is over.:thumbsup:

4. Andrew

Blah. I can actually say that this is finally true! :slight_smile: Thanks. (*hug*)

Now just healing for 1-2 weeks.

>_<

-Luis :bang::bang:

5. riddlerno1

I think ive got the same thing! My penis doesnt come out of the foreskin at all cos the hole is too small. But im now 25 will that have any bearing on what they can do? really dont want surgery though.

6. KaraBulut

The condition is treatable at any age. Start with your family doctor- he may refer you to a urologist for an evaluation- to talk about your options.

7. riddlerno1

Ok thanks, it doesnt hurt or anything but the hole is just too small!! I guess i just kinda ignored it before but maybe now is time to get it checked out. it does sound like a circumcision would be really painful afterwards. plus im not sure if i want my family to know ive had it done. so do u have to stay in hospital or is it like a day thing?

8. KaraBulut

There's a discussion earlier in this thread about options for dealing with a foramen (the hole in the foreskin) that is rigid and too small to fit over the head of the penis. There are things to try before a circumcision. The urologist can give you an opinion about the prospects for different non-surgical and surgical options.

9. riddlerno1

Ok, so i just rang NHS Direct which in the Uk is like a helpline that u can discuss medical issues with a nurse, and she asked me a load of questions like does it hurt when u have an erection or go tiolet or is it sore. It isnt any of these things so she siad that give it a week and if im still concerened i should see the doctor as its not hurting then there is not much to worry about. Am i worrying uneccasairly?

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Your best bet if you're worried is to see a doctor. Explain the situation to him and he'll probably want to examine you too. Going to a doctor is simply asking for a professional opinion, nothing more. If the doctor thinks it's fine then you know.

Personally I don't have a lot of faith in NHS Direct. Many of the operators are just reading questions from a script on their computers and ticking boxes with your responses. They are often not that knowledgeable (though some are) and tend to play safe by advising you to see a doctor if there is any doubt at all.

11. Andrew

Personally.. I was in the SAME spot as you. It was not hurting at all and it was just fine. But the HOLE was way to small :x. So, I would recommend you seeing a doctor ASAP. Unless you can push back your foreskin and clean up it.. Because lots of goey junk can be stored in there. My doctor was really proud of me and relieved that I got this done, because he said that it could of started an infection! Which is not good at all. Also, about the pain.. If I lived through it.. I am pretty sure you will be fine :slight_smile:. It does hurts for a few days. But then it all goes better! If you any ANY questions. Post them in this thread :wink:

-Luis

12. agfv

OK so here's my deal:

I dont have complete phimosis because I can pull my foreskin over the head of my penis. However it does hurt when doing so. The other thing is that when I am erect and masturbating, the head of my penis does not usually come out. Im not sure if that is normal or not...shouldnt it be coming out? However, when Im with a girl and I'm receiving oral sex it DOES come out...and it is hardly pleasurable AT ALL. Someone was telling me that its just because the head of my penis is not used to being out and it will just take some time to get used to it...that i should just practice pulling it back in the shower...but i dont see how this will help me feel pleasure...thats the thing...i could get creams or even a circumcision to make the head come out easier...but i dont know if that would help me feel pleasure...i feel as if it might be two seperate problems...

...I just had sex right now and to tell you the truth it really didnt feel that great...because my head was out i couldnt really feel pleasure and i couldnt ejaculate...it seems the only way i can ejaculate is from my own hand!

for claritys sake the feeling i feel on my head isnt really pain...its just sort of a stinging sensation that certainly isnt pleasant...its sort of like when you touch a fresh cut.

HELP!

13. Corny

Corny Guest

For many men it does come out, but it must not. It depends on the length of your foreskin, and that varies from person to person.

If you never or seldom exposed the head, yes it's feeling uncomfortable, the zillions of nerve endings all reacting suddenly is "overwhelming", and might feel like pain. But this goes away, when you get a bit used to it. Practicing in the shower is a good idea, it will also help you clean under your foreskin, which you should do.

No, they are very connected. After a circumcision not only many nerve endings are missing, but also the glans gets less sensitive, because it "keratinizes" (look that up if you want :wink: ). But as I mentioned above, even without circumcision - it will get better. Most likely your phimosis is treatable without circumcision - talk to a doctor!

I guess when you say you are having sex, you did masturbate before, right? How did you do it? Just move your foreskin? Did that sting, too? I guess not. Now try carefully touching your glans, use some lube or spit and very gently massage and and fondle the glans .. you will see soon you get used to it and the "stinging" goes away.

14. KaraBulut

This thread is pretty long but if you read back, there was a discussion about the various options for guys with phimosis. That post is back here:
    http://www.emptyclosets.com/forum/showpost.php?p=222413&postcount=18

First you should see your doctor. The sensitivity you're describing could be an infection of the head of your penis. If so, you should get that cleared up before you do anything to address your phimosis.

While circumcision is an option- you should talk with your doctor about non-surgical options first. He/she will be able to give you an idea of the option that is best for you.

There's probably more than one thing going on here. Certainly the sensitivity of the head of your penis is the first thing that you should address with your doctor. And this sensitivity can be making sex with another person painful for you.

But it's not unusual for guys to say that it's difficult for them to get off from sex when they're used to masturbating. You will always know better than anyone how to get yourself off- you know all the places that you like best. This does get better with time as you relax and get more comfortable with your partner.

15. agfv

Thanks guys,

Corny--yes, all my life when i've masturbated I never touched the glans. The glans hardly even popped out--to tell you the truth I didn't know it was supposed to! I've been trying a fair bit lately to do what you said, try and get arousal from my glans, but so far the "stinging" hasn't gone away. However, I may have just made a major breakthrough. I just masturbated successfully by directly stimulating my "frenulum"...it was a new experience.

However, the rest of the glans still "stings" when I touch it and the base is quite sore when touched--in fact, it is generally kind of blue/purple..Is that normal? But do you still think the stinging and pain will just go away with time as it keritinizes?

KaraBulut--I showed it to my doctor the other day and he said that I had a normal uncircumcised penis. He also said circumcision was only necesarry if it was 'bothering' me. He seemed to find it strange that I experienced any sort of stinging pain upon contact, but based on what Corny said does that just mean my doctor is ignorant about the whole keritinizing thing? He also said that it didnt look like I had an infection. He also seemed to suggest that creams wouldnt help. I took a urologist referral, do you think I should ask my doctor further questions or just go to the urologist?

In terms of sex, it really wasnt pleasurable...should I try again soon or just lay off until a much later date, post keritinization?

16. Alexander

I used to have the same problem.

You can probably just stretch it out carefully. Use lots of lotion (pH balanced without alcohol in it).

You might also want to take a break from sex for a while while the abrasion/stretch micro-cuts you have developed heal. That means no masturbation too. :grin:

17. agfv

Alex let me just get this straight...

so youre saying stretching it out will make the foreskin less tight which in turn will make the sensation i feel when the head of my penis is touched go from stinging to pleasure?

and I have abrasion/cuts on my penis?!:confused:

18. Corny

Corny Guest

Haha, I remember doing that at about your age, too :wink:

Your glans does not keratinize just like that .. I believe you are confusing things a bit, or i wasn't too clear - this only happens after circumcision (or if you always expose your glans).
    When my parents taught me about personal body hygiene, my father once had a "men talk" to me, and telling me about the need to pull back the foreskin to wash the penis. It did strike me as odd, but reasonable (since no water gets there usually), but when I tried it hurt like hell. When I told him that, he said that I just should cope with it, and that it is normal to hurt at the beginning. I don't remember how long it actually did hurt, but eventually the pain got weaker some time. Mind that I barely touched my penis except for washing at that time (two years later is another story, lol). But I know that when I started masturbating that it still hurt when I touched the glans directly - but that faded, too :slight_smile:

I am glad that you were at the doctor and ruled the infection out. However I am bit confused, when pulling back your foreskin does hurt, it's not a "normal uncircumcised penis". Maybe you should visit the urogolist. Just to be sure, does it hurt because of the feeling on your glans, or does it hurt because it is too tight?

19. KaraBulut

Yes, you should make the urologist appointment.

Keratinize is a word that just means that skin dries and thickens. In the case of your glans, when it is covered completely by the foreskin, the skin is soft, moist and thin - like the inside of your mouth. When skin is exposed to air, it dries out and gets a bit thicker and tougher- more like the skin on your arm or chest.

What Corny was trying to explain is circumcised men and men whose foreskin stays pulled back have a drier, thicker keratinized skin on the head of their penis that gets exposed to air. If you looks at closeup pictures of guy's penises, you'll see that there is a difference in the appearance of the head of the penis on uncut guys and cut guys because of the changes that happen when skin gets exposed to air over time- that's all. In your case, since you are uncirmcised, your glans does not get exposed to air, your glans would not keratinize.

There's two problems that you have- they may be related, they may not.

The first problem is the difficulty you have pulling back your foreskin. From what you have described, it is a bit tight. This is phimosis and we're recommending that you talk with your doctor about ways to loosen up your foreskin so that you can pull it back. As Corny described, being able to retract your foreskin makes it easier to clean.

The second problem that you have is the sensitivity of the head of your penis. It's normal for this to be a bit sensitive but most guys will say that "it feels too good" when they play with it - not that it's painful. Since you're having pain, this is why it would be good for your to see a urologist just to make sure there's not another problem.

20. agfv

No i mean, if I start pulling it back in the shower will it begin to keratinize and eventually the pain will go away? Although it seems like you did it at a young age--am I too old to start doing that?

I would say both...but MAINLY the feeling on my glans.

I would say the phimosis isnt such a big problem after all. After just a few weeks of pulling it back I can already see it getting looser and easier to pull back. Well actually I take that back, because its still pretty tight when erect..but I could envision that being fixable...

It's really the second problem that is the problem. I'm a little confused now though. At first I thought you guys were saying that it was normal to hurt because it hadnt been exposed and that it will just take time..but now it seems you think there is a problem??