1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious about my penis (Non-Circumsized)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Andrew, May 24, 2008.

1. KaraBulut

Luis:

From your description of the doctor's appointments, it sounds like the phimosis was pretty bad. I'm glad you were able to get to a doctor before it became a more serious problem. The doctor was giving you the correction information- it can cause infections such as balanitis when you get older.

You've got a few weeks before your surgery. It sounds like you've got a great doctor who has a good sense of humor which is always a plus. Keep us updated on how things are going before and after your surgery.

2. Andrew

Yes, he was such a great doctor.. But One thing I wanted to get off my chest [ kind of off-topic but not really] Was that my dad had the same issue when he was 12.. My mom didn't know he had the problem.. But he finally told her around a few years ago, she wanted to get it done, but my dad didnt want me to have it done because he said it wouldnt be an issue. He had to get circumsized as soon as possible because he was developing some infection.. Possiblity the one you listed above. Also, another interesting fact I learned today was, while I was at the doctor.. My brother was also checked and well it was as tight as me and me and him are getting the circumsizing procedure during the same day.

Question:

Do they put you to sleep? I forgot the ask the doctor, because he said that All it will take is 1 minute.. You will close your eyes and open your eyes for 30 seconds? I am a bit confused!

Thanks so much.

3. Poring

Probably, though it can also be done with just local anesthetic. If you feel scared or something, you can always ask for you to be put to sleep, I guess.

:thumbsup:

4. KaraBulut

In the US, we usually do these surgeries under a general anesthesia which means that you are asleep during the procedure. You would be given a mild sedative through your IV before you go to the operating suite. When you get into the room, you will be sleepy and relaxed. When you are moved into the operating suite, they will transfer you from the stretcher and then they will give you the medication to make you sleep. Usually this second medication is the last thing your remember until you wake up in the recovery room.

When you make your appointment for the surgery, you can ask the hospital to set up an appointment for you and your mom to chat with the anesthesiologist. He/she can explain what for you to expect and answer any questions about the sedation. Doctors and nurses understand that knowing what to expect will make you more relaxed and prepared for the surgery.

Also don't be afraid to ask your surgeon about what to expect after the surgery and when you can resume normal activities.

5. Andrew

We went over most of this today.. Just making sure on some subjects!

Thanks

6. KaraBulut

Good. We get a lot of questions from teenagers having circumcision about how soon they can resume sexual activity. A lot of doctors don't cover this information and it's sometimes embarassing to ask. It sounds like your doctor is very good about giving you information and doing it in a way that puts you at ease- you're very lucky!

7. pookie

pookie Guest

Yeah or you could solve the problem like I did. I was masturbating and literally broke the foreskin. When it healed the problem was solved. It was really bloody though...

8. Kamiru84

hi all, i got the same problem now .since i'm getting older ,the problem still unsolved.
    Age=20+

9. justme003

justme003 Guest

I hade the same problem when i was younger. It just takes time. Try stretching it little by little over time. Don't hurt yourself of anything. It took me a while to get all the skin all the way back. (!) you'll be ok

Moderation must evan come in Moderation

10. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

If the stretching suggested here doesn't seem to be working for you after a few months, or if it's so tight that you think there is no chance of that working, perhaps you should see your doctor about it?

Don't be embarrassed - they see this sort of thing regularly, it's just part of the job for them.

11. EddieFull

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello mate, well I had the same problem when I was young, however I just grew out of it, when I got older and my penis grew, the forskin didn't grow at the same rate, and I couldn't pull it back atall. However, after about 1 year of masterbating and stretching it, now it is fine and pulls completley back. No surgery.

12. Andrew

Lol, Sadly my surgery is happening in 20 days. I am really really nervous :S HAALP :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: lol. but anyways. their taking the blood test on friday. I am nervous about that also lol.

haha wish me luck.

-Luis

P.S: You posters are above to have stretched it out.. The doctor said, there is basically no way of stretching out my foreskin. Since its SOO TIGHT. :X It suffocates the penis.. So yeah.. No other way but removing the foreskin :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I am excited.. But nervous at the same time.

13. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Good luck Luis. I hope it works out well and isn't too painful.

14. Andrew

Thanks Paul, I appreciate it . Okay Guys. I wanted to update you guys on my surgery process. I just got my blood drawn and almost fainted.. They had to stick me 2 times, because the first time. The Blood stopped. I started sweating like crazy.. and yeah. It was not a good experience for me.. :frowning2: But anyways. 17 more days till my surgery and I am soo scared. God, this blood test was crazy :frowning2:. I can't stand needles. At least i lived :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

-Luis

15. Andrew

Hey Guys,

Sorry about not replying as soon as possible. But yes, I am finally done with this hassle. I am in great pain right now though. Lets starts with the beginning of my surgery day..

Okay, So I woke up at 4:30 in the morning to get ready. I wore some joggers and a t-shirt and boxers.. Just so I can be comfortable.. My appointment to check it was at 5:30 and my surgery would begin at 7:30. I arrived perfectly at time and I was just shaking away. So, i went into the prep area with my mom and dad and here comes the nurse. She confirms me with everything and stuff and checks on my blood pressure and stuff. Then she says she is going to put my IV in.. That is where I froze :S She was hilarious about it! Because as KB mentioned (on ec) that she had numbing process for the IV. She gave me no numbing and made a big joke about it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I was a little embarassed, but I lived with the IV. It was very very uncomfortable though :l. I am not a fan of needles. Anyways, the anestia (sp?) people come in and talk about how their going to put me to sleep and what to expect and stuff. Once that was done.. It was time to lure me into the surgery room. I was VERY VERY nervous :S. He and She said don't worry about it and you fall asleep right away.

2 minutes in the surgery room and the rest was a blur. I fell to sleep perfectly! I guess 45 minutes later, I was in the recovery room. The recovery room was great, because the nurses were really nice and did whatever I needed. Such as pain and stuff.. When I woke up, I felt really dizzy, but the dock said that was because of the sleeping medication. And then I noticed, i feel really numb in my penis area. It was kind of bothering.. But I lived.. 2 Hours later.. I was out back into the " waiting " 1 day surgery room.. My grandma and grandpa was there and it was amazing. They hugged, and it was an amazing feeling.

Now the hard part was.. That I had to pee before I can leave the hospital.. So, I stood up and ALMOST fell, because I couldn't eat breakfast or anything.. I was sick.. So, the nurse was kind enough to give me some RC and that gave me caffeine and I felt way better! So, then it comes to the bathroom part and blah was that an adventure.. Lets just put it this way.. It was a WHOLE new experience :x Finally, I peed successfully and was let out of the hospital. But the MAIN thing I noticed was that I can not have anything rub against the Penis head, because it was freaking numb and sensitive. So, I had to make sure NOTHING touched it.. that was a big task >_<.

Last but not least.. I am in my bed right now relaxing.. I get lots of pain at times.. But I hope that will cure up soon!

if you guys have ANY questions! Please ask me.

-Luis

16. panda

Glad you're OK. You'll be back wanking in no time.:smilewave:grin:

17. Thank you for sharing the whole surgery story. I'm still scared of surgeries though! :frowning2:

So how many days will it take for the pain to go away? How different does it feel now that you have gone through the medical procedure? (not that I'm planning on having one, I'm just curious).

18. KaraBulut

Glad to hear it went well and that the OR staff took good care of you.

Don't forget - take your pain meds!

19. Andrew

I heard it takes 2-6 days. But it varies on the pain. I don't know but its really bothering me right now :x Now for your question about how different.. It feels like there is nothing there. Plus its still in the bandaid and its very very sensitive such I have never touched my head before. =/ the sad part is.. When I get hard ( the bandaid on ) it hurts like crap, because the bandaid :/ I am scared about the stitches popping out :x

-Luis

20. Andrew

Thanks KB! I appreciate all your information. Now.. I have a few questions..

I have the stitches in.. And it looks a little bleedy.. Is that normal? I have never had stitches before..

The Doctor said to make sure you lay the penis on your chest while your sleeping.. Is that true?

I am scared that my stitches are going to rip :frowning2: