1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious about my penis (Non-Circumsized)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Andrew, May 24, 2008.

1. Andrew

I was just wondering..

I was looking at these " pictures " and I have noticed that some of the guys that are NOT circumsized in the tip of the penis.. they have their head showing.. My head does NOT come out of my foreskin at all. It never has.. I have tried to kind of stretch it and stuff and masturbate " jack " off with it by pulling it up and down but the tip/hole is way to small. I was talking with someone in the chat room and they said it has something to do with maturity of the penis and that the head of the penis will go through the hole/tip, as you mature.

Is that true? I have always wanted to know :slight_smile:

Thanks! (!)

2. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it depends on your age. As I don't think you're like eight years old, I'm afraid to tell you that it's a problem, it's called phimosis. It might be a problem when you have sex... plus I don't want to think about the buildup of smegma underneath it (because I guess you can't clean up under the skin), which might lead to infection.

There are two ways to solve it.

1) Steroid creams plus manual stretching for the hole to get bigger.

2) Surgery:

2a) circumcision
    2b) another procedure which doesn't involve the removal of the whole foreskin.

Hope this helps.

3. Andrew

Oh crap >_< Do you know what that other procedure is? and is it painful >_< Also where could I get this Steroid creams?

I am scared now ;l

-luis

4. Miaplacidus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well they aren't over the counter stuff from what I know, so you need to pay a visit to the doctor. I think that KaraBulut would be of more help here...

The "other procedure" involves removing a small part of it so that the hole is bigger, from what I know. Note that many physicians will try to go for a full circumcision, especially in the United States, so look for a second opinion if the first doctor tells you that you have to get cut.

5. Andrew

ah this is what i didnt want to hear. the truth does hurt... Also, do you know how this cream works or anything?

:frowning2:

thanks.

P.S: I am trying to STAY away from the full circumsizing.. stuff.

6. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should be able to pull your foreskin back so that the head becomes visible.
    If you can't do that, you might want to see a doctor.

I had the same problem as you, the skin was too tight and I never even knew what was underneath it since I had never seen it until I was around 14. And I wasn't aware that this was a problem.

I don't know how safe or advisable this is. Anyway I just tried stretching it for a few days/weeks until I could finally pull it back. It was quite painful. And it took more than a year until I could completely painlessly do it. But it stretched eventually. I should have probably told my parents or gone to a doctor and they would have given me some cream to make it easier.

Best thing you could do is probably wait for KaraBulut's advice though... :slight_smile:

7. Andrew

SIGH ): I try to stretch it, and its pretty painful >_< Gosh, i am freakin out now.. :frowning2:

-Luis

8. sngl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't be scared and don't try to stretch it too hard, it might crack and you don't want that!! If you try stretching it, be very gentle and patient. Don't freak out, you might not need surgery or anything! :icon_wink

9. Andrew

uhh. i am pretty sure that i do ): HELP. This is terrible >_< i think i am gonna get a doctor appointment as SOON as possible. but how should i tell my mom?

o_o

10. Miaplacidus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't be too concerned about it.

The cream works by helping the skin stretch, from what I know. As I said, if what the doctor says doesn't convince you, get a second opinion, or a third, or an n-th.

11. Andrew

>_< my stomach is aching.. rawr.. ):

Thanks for all the replies

12. Ty

Ty Guest

How old are you?

13. Andrew

-Luis

14. Ty

Ty Guest

Well then i wouldn't worry about it much. Everybody develops at different rates, im sure it'll just happen naturally. I think its very rare that surgery is needed.

15. Andrew

that makes me feel better lol. Thanks.

16. beckyg

beckyg Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I've let Karabult know, he'll be here shortly to give you some professional medical advice. Try not to freak out. I'm sure everything will be fine.

17. atofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    lol if it makes you feel any better i have the same problem >.< but i just started puberty so it might get better *crosses fingers*

18. KaraBulut

Miaplacidus is correct. This condition is called phimosis. It's actually pretty common and when young men hit their teen years and their penises begin to get erections, we see a lot of them coming in because they cannot pull their foreskin over the head of their penis (the head is called the glans) when they get a hard-on. Some of them come to the doctor because it can be very painful but others come in because it is very difficult to clean under the foreskin.

You need to have your doctor or a urologist evaluate it. You shouldn't try to pull the foreskin back over the head of the penis yourself until you've had it evaluated by a doctor. While this seems very scary, it's very common and doctors are used to seeing boys come in during puberty with phimosis- especially in countries where boys are not circumcised at birth.

There's a couple of different causes for phimosis that determine how it gets treated.

Sometimes it is just a matter of the foreskin being long and never having been stretched backward so that the skin expands enough that the head of the penis can fit through it. This can be addressed by repeatedly stretching the foreskin repeatedly over a few months until it grows wide enough to fit over the head of the penis. The doctor can show you how to do this safely so that you don't cause any problems. Corticosteroid creams can be prescribed to help with this process.

In some guys, there is a tough fibrous ring in the foreskin, called a stenosis, that has to be addressed surgically. There are three options all done under anesthesia-
    1. while you're asleep, the surgeon can expand the ring by stretching it until the fibrous stenosis is permanently loosened enough to pull the foreskin over the head
    2. he can cut a small slit in the foreskin that breaks the ring so that it can expand further (this is called a preputioplasty)
    3. or he can perform a circumcision to trim the edge of the foreskin to expose the head of the penis

If you have any questions, you can post them here or you can drop me a PM and I'll be happy to answer them.

19. Andrew

Ah I have been waiting for your post! Thanks so much for posting.. The stuff in bold is what i have a question on..

First Question:

I am almost sure that I have a VERY LONG foreskin.. So I think that is the issue. But perhaps if I do have the ring issue, Do any of those procedures hurt? (The ones in bold) I really do not want to do circumsizing.. Since i like my foreskin. But if I have to, I have to!

Also, atofu! Gl :slight_smile:

-Luis

20. atofu

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    oh fudge >.< i guess i have to go to the doctors then lol it's quite embarrassing though :icon_sad: