1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on girl but dating guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by parker1234, Feb 18, 2015.

1. parker1234

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have this major crush on a girl for the past two years. She knows i like her but thats not the issue. She doesnt like me back and i cant get her out of my head. Plus im dating a guy who isnt all to fond of the idea i am gender fluid. Hes barely okay with the idea im bi. We really care for ea hother and have been together for a year plus. I honestly dont know what to do. Any suggestions guys? I really like them both its been killin me.

2. Notlad

Well it's a tough decision but really you have to weigh the feelings you have and the odds you and the girl could be together.

Personally I'd stay with the guy because even though he isn't fond of you being gender fluid or bi, he has stuck with you for quite some time. He is seeing past things he doesn't particularly like just for you. That's special.

3. hyacinth girl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I were you I would focus less on my crush on the girl and more on the relationship with my boyfriend.

Are you happy overall with relationship? You said that he doesn't like that you're gender fluid, do you feel like you can be yourself around him or do you feel like you have to tone down who you are so you don't make him uncomfortable? What is it that this girl have that you're missing in your boyfriend? Let's pretend that your crush did like you, would you leave him for her? Do you feel attracted to your boyfriend? Are you in love with him?

You don't have to answer those questions here if you don't want to but it's something to think about. I'm in a similar situation myself so I know how hard can be. Good luck with sorting your feelings out!

4. parker1234

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sometimes i question if this is a healthy thing for me to be with him. But im really attracted to him i think but idk if its just tht we hve been together so long im afraid to be by myself. But i tld hom its a phase n it will pass cus he doesnt wanna b with me romanticly if i really am gender fluid which i am. He doesnt know tht. The girl is the most beautiful intelligent and funny girl i have ever met. We both ride horses and we are both artistic. It kills me to know she doesnt feel the same as i do. She did at one point but i messed up and hurt her by accident and now i cant fix it. I feel like i can truely be myself with her and that i dont have to hid my true self with her. I dnt feel like that with many people.

5. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know who you should be with. But your partner should accept everything about you. Keeping secrets isn't healthy. And not being able to be yourself with your partner is not healthy either. Don't settle; be happy.

6. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

You need to do what makes you happy, which is either choosing the relationship or this girl. In all honesty your boyfriend doesn't sound all that supportive; he loves you conditionally. Will that really keep you happy in the long run?

7. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There are partnerships where your heart is involved...

what can't be fixed with the girl, in your opinion ?

#7 jay777, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015