1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crush on a straight girl / accepting my sexuality

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Elph, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Nic2552

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Once your completely out, you will feel good, you will lose some but you will gain a lot more friends. Not to sound like I'm invading you, but how do you dress because if you are tomboyish..dress baggy clothes... if you " look" gay then most people even her will already know you are , some gays get instincts off one another. If that's the case maybe she likes you as well and know your gay . Lol but that's why I said feel her out, learn more about her.. , as ask her smooth questions use the dude she is " crushing on as a way of getting questions out of her" because you want to know her more , From what other lesbians told me I'm considered "lipstick lesbian " Side note *still learning" , everyone thinks I'm straight because of how I look, I use to talk about guys but that was all a cover up. But my current girlfriend didn't buy it lmao she still went for me. Lmao . Find out what she likes. You have to ask questions but don't ask direct questions.

I can't help you with coming out because I was outed. Lol. I'm good now.

2. Elph

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people

Hi! Sorry for my late reply! I actually have a really simple look, I love wearing black pants and sweatshirts, sneakers like Converse and I just love comfy clothes, so I sometimes wear oversized pullovers. For example, today, I wore a very colorful oversized pullover. Actually it was a rainbow one, so... really gay haha. When I arrived at university, my best friend told me "is it gay pride today?" and I just laughed nervously... 2 hours later, my other best friend came and she said "your pullover is very lgbt" and then "but it's okay right?", she had this smile, it's hard to describe but it was a very reassuring smile. I'm 95% sure she knows because she can't stop making remarks like that, especially because I told her 6 months ago that I wasn't sure if I was straight (she's the only person I told this). She's just waiting for me to come out to her...
    I saw my crush today at university, we just talked 5 minutes (I wasn't alone with her, I was also with my friends) but I guess she noticed my rainbow pullover haha. We stopped writing to each other on social media (I mean she stopped) so... If I start a conversation again, I'm scared that she thinks that I am invasive. I don't know what to do... I'm sure that she is straight so if I continue talking to her on social media, I will end up being sad :frowning2: And at the same time, it makes me sad that she stopped writing me, I wish we could write to each other forever.. I mean, this is what having a crush looks like right? :frowning2:

3. Nic2552

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Any updates.. On coming out or your crush?

4. Dodds

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its so hard im 39 married 13to a man years 2 kids started having feelings for a stright lady bout a year ago havent told any1

5. CuriousG74

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Any updates on your thoughts ?

Hope you're well

6. Elph

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hiii! Oh my god it's been a long time, I didnt see the notification :frowning2:
    I came out to both of my best friends in January and they were the most supportive friends! But actually, it's kinda hard to talk to them about my feelings because they don't really know how to help me... I still have a crush on my straight friend and it's getting bigger and bigger everyday because we write a lot to each other. It's also painful because she writes me about her boy crush and she knows nothing about my feelings for her :frowning2: I don't know what to do... do I take the risk to tell her about it? Or do I keep writing to her and have usual conversations? Her best friend (it's a boy haha) is gay so I thought that If I tell her, she will understand more easily but if she doesn't, I don't want to end the friendship we created. I'm so stuck and I'm starting to be really sad about the whole situation...
    Alsooooo I came out to my sister 6 days ago and she cried because she was so happy for me and she's actually the best sister in the world !! I was so relieved that at least one person of my family knows about it and supports me :crying_cat_face:

Luria77 likes this.
  7. Dodds

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I still really like this lady and love the time we spend togeather and miss her when i don't see her so i know my feelings are so strong for her but i can't put my family threw it so i just try to ignore my feelings

8. Luria77

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I read your posts and can totally relate! I have a crush on a good friend of mine, have no idea how she feels about me (she doesn't know either that I've just recently figured out that I'm not completely straight). We hang out all the time, and sometimes I feel like I'm dying inside when I'm with her! It's torture!
    I definitely won't be telling my crush my feelings, but I'm thinking of coming out to her, at some point. Then...see where it goes. She did say that if she met someone she really liked, she definitely would date a girl (so she's not completely straight??)
    Anyway...just wanted to say I feel your pain...good luck!