1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crucial advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Laine7008, May 12, 2022.

1. Laine7008

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If there has ever been a time I have wrote on this site asking for advice, this is one of the more important times.
    It might help also before anyone answers to go to my profile and read my past postings.
    I wrote last week about having a moment with this woman in car line, we made eye contact that was so intense, I truly felt like she felt something in that moment as well. When the contact broke, being a woman, we know body language and facial expressions, she didn’t act like “why the fuck is this girl staring at me all weird”. She acted almost giddy or like sweetly embarrassed. She tucked her hair behind her ear, smiled and fumbled her foot.

That look on her face has stuck with me since then. And that feeling, was like a fucking high, it was amazing, and I felt a hopefulness in a sense….

Since that day, the last 2 times I have saw her in car line drop off and pick up, she is completely avoids me….she won’t look at me and it’s killing me.
    Either I read things completely wrong or is she feeling something but trying to avoid the “wrong” thing…?

Here is where I am asking for advice. I have always been a person that can’t stand conflict or u resolved issues, it eats me up. I want to talk to her to damn bad but what and how do I do it??
    I mean it could go one or two ways, either she’s going to say she feels that way too or she’s going to tell me I fucking insane and to never come near her again.

I feel like I’m loosing my mind at this point…

2. GraceMiamor

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people

Hun I think you should ask her if you two can talk and see what happens from there it may be embarrassing to ask but try it and see what she does okay.

Laine7008 likes this.
  3. Sunchimes

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh these moments must leave you wondering what she must have felt that time when you locked eyes.

With her now blanking you, then it might be that she didn’t feel anything at all. Or, it maybe that she did feel something but doesn’t want to admit it to herself and doesn’t want it to happen again. Just like when you said she might be trying to avoid the “wrong” thing.

Perhaps just try and get near to her so that you can just strike up a general conversation. By talking to her about random stuff you will be able to get to know her and then take things from there.

Laine7008, Rayland and Mirko like this.
  4. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's really hard to say, not having seen the exchange ourselves, but I'm inclined to think she felt something and perhaps was ashamed/confused by the experience. Perhaps this is new territory for her as well, or perhaps she hasn't come out to herself. She could be straight and might have been initially flattered by the eye contact, but doesn't know how to feel now, or similarly, she might not be straight, was flattered, but like you fears she misinterpreted things.

Is there ever an opportunity where you see her outside of a car line up? Where is this line up occurring? School? A regular shopping area? Perhaps if you could meet her face-to-face, you can come up with some reason to talk to her (i.e. kids, common reason for being in the line up, etc.) The only way to know is to take the plunge, but I know how scary that is. Take your time, maybe try to assess the situation some more whenever you see her. It might give you more of a clue as to what's going on.

Ipswichfan and Laine7008 like this.
  5. Laine7008

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for your advice!!
    It’s hard to put things into words so I try to do the best I can, to answer some of your questions, I see her at school yes. She is a teacher/administrator at my childrens school.
    I have made up so many excuses to talk her just to be near her, I even attend things I wouldn’t normally lol
    But I am scared to bring this up to her. I want to badly but it terrifies the absolute shit out of me.
    1. Because we are both married
    2. She is twice my age, established in life.
    3. I don’t want this to blow up if it goes south and everyone know.

I feel like there are 3 scenarios that could happen, she could tell me she’s flattered but doesn’t feel that way, she could tell me she does feel that way or she could tell me I’m a fucking psycho.
    I’m actually going to a school even later this evening in hopes to see her and try to talk. I will say, she did smile and wave at my this morning so that’s better than the past couple days

6. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its a really tough call because she is someone that you are potentially still going to see if you try and talk to her and it doesnt go well. It is difficult in these situations not to try and read into ever tiny detail trying to figure things out.
    Especially if you are both married I would say tread carefully.

Laine7008 likes this.
  7. Laine7008

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I
    i completely agree!! That is definitely something that weighs on my mind as far as even talking to her and acknowledging anything.

As far as today goes, I went to the school event, she was there, I seen her many times but there was no opportunity to for me be alone and talk with her.

Nealg likes this.
  8. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

9. Nealg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Have you run into her since that last time when you felt she was ignoring you? I’m just curious…following this and excited for you hoping your thoughts about that eye locking moment fall into the “mutual but unsure what to do about it category.”

10. Nealg

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    *her thoughts about that eye locking moment….
    I meant to say