1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazy lesbian love triangle

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by treasure1996, May 2, 2017.

1. treasure1996

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm in a difficult position right now and really need some advice.
    About a year ago, I met this girl named Jane. I met Jane through a mutual friend of ours, Jane and this mutual friend - her name was Layla, had been best friends for years. Layla and I recently became really close and therefore I met Jane through her.

When I met Jane, I was in a relationship with a girl and had just come out as a lesbian. Jane always intrigued me (I was aware of who she was but never 'knew' her). I admired her for coming out as gay at such a young age. When we met, we instantly clicked. I was so happy to have found my first lesbian friend. There was no attraction whatsoever, but we began hanging out A LOT and this happened so quickly. Jane was also in a relationship and so we bonded over many things, discussed our relationships with each other and had a lot of fun doing normal stupid teenage stuff.

My girlfriend at the time hated me hanging around Jane, purely for the fact she was gay. Jane's girlfriend also felt the same, however Jane and I couldn't care less and argued that just because we are both gay doesn't mean we can't simply be just best friends? My girlfriend was very abusive, manipulative and a narcissist. Jane's was exactly the same. I was unaware of how bad they both were until later on.

One day I decided to finally end my toxic relationship with my girlfriend. I was happy and moved on from her quickly. Jane however, was still in a relationship. As time went on, we just got closer and closer. And her girlfriend got crazier and crazier... accusing Jane of cheating and constantly comparing herself to me out of jealousy. Jane's girlfriend was controlling and possessive and quite frankly, one of the rudest people I had ever met.

One night Jane wasn't in a good place so she drove to see me. We sat in her car talking and all of a sudden she told me she had gained feelings for me. I wasn't surprised. I felt the same way. However, I NEVER planned on telling her this but I felt vulnerable in the situation and did. This was my biggest mistake. Jane went on to say she was going to end things with her girlfriend, she told me we would be great together etc. From here on, Jane and I continued hanging out even more then before.

Jane would lie to her girlfriend about where she was, because her girlfriend was suspicious prior to us even gaining feelings for each other. It just got messy very fast. Jane ended up writing me a letter talking about her feelings... and her girlfriend ending up finding this. Jane's girlfriend basically went ballistic. She threatened to kill me and said a whole lot of nasty stuff. In my defence, Jane was impulsive and wanted what she couldn't have and couldn't help but initiate a side romance with me. I felt like if it wasn't for her I would of never admitted my feelings.

I told Jane we should stop hanging out as much, but this didn't work. Eventually after months of issues, I lied and told Jane that I was over her and just saw her as a friend. This hurt immensely as Jane then thought it would be fine for us all to hang out (her girlfriend included). I genuinely forgave her girlfriend for being so nasty but soon realised she was faking being nice to me and still hated my guts as much as I tried to fix the situation, even telling Jane's girlfriend how sorry I was and that it happened naturally (my feelings) and I even lied and said they were very minor and that I was still in love with my ex.

Jane and I still hung out at this stage, but her girlfriend caused drama continuously. Here is an example of a time; One day I went to Jane's with two other friends, Jane's girlfriend was not invited but she eventually came to Jane's house screaming and saying I was the reason she slits her wrists and that I was the reason for the issues in their relationship. She began yelling at Jane so loudly in another room and said 'And I know you're still not over her'. I was shocked and left Jane's without saying good bye.

After this I knew I had to cut off contact with Jane. Slowly, I did and I realised I was associating myself with toxic people and drama, and began to resent Jane for leading me on, initiating it all and then letting me be abused by her girlfriend and not say anything. Jane was devastated when we cut ties, and for months we didn't speak. I heard rumours that she tried ending her relationship with her girlfriend but it never lasted and they always got back together.

I deleted them all off social media and began to actually move on and live my life happily. A few months later, I was at a gay pride event with my friends. I got a call from Jane's friend Rob, who told me Jane was having a mental breakdown and just wanted to see me. So I went and saw Jane, she cried into my arms and said how
    much she missed me as her best friend and wanted our friendship back. I forgave her, the next day she called me and we spoke for hours. She said she broke up with girlfriend and that it was done for good. Of coarse the next day they got back together and I was beyond frustrated that she fooled me again and drew me back into her issues.

I cut ties once again and we didn't speak for months. It had been 4 months, until she messaged me a few days ago with a link to a song. I was surprised, I didn't think I'd ever hear from her again. I responded and we began asking each other how one another is etc. She then proceeded to say she missed me and I said I missed her too. She then told me she had broken up with her girlfriend and severely stressed the fact that it was well and truly done. I stupidly went and hung out with her right after they ended things. We sat in her car and spoke about what had been happening in our lives for the past four months and I'll admit it was so nice to see her again.

Whilst we were speaking she said how the relationship had been over in her mind for
    months and that's why she felt no pain or sadness. I believed her because she genuinely seemed so happy. She said she felt liberated and that there was 'No way in hell they were getting back together'. She then said 'Plus, I liked you the whole time I felt it had been ended'. I then asked her if she still had feelings for me, she got super shy and awkward and said 'Well I mean yeah.. I guess'. We then drove to her house and on the way there she asked me If I still had feelings for her and I said yes as well.

The next day (yesterday) I received a text from Jane and she said we needed to talk. Basically she's told me that she thinks we shouldn't be more than friends, I shouldn't have any expectations of her, she didn't want me to ever get the wrong idea and that our friendship is too special to be ruined. I was so hurt and I cried to myself. I replied that I agreed and seemed unbothered by it all to her. Now I've just been replying to her messaged very coldly and late. I can't deal with this all. On top of that, she is actually travelling to Europe for 2 months with her 'Ex' and their friends in a months time. I say Ex in inverted commas because last night her 'Ex' put up a photo of Jane on her snapchat.

I feel hurt and betrayed all over again. This has been dragging on for too long. I may have painted Jane to be a bad person but In all honesty, I have never clicked so well with someone, had someone fight for me
    to stay in their life despite the issues that surrounded that decision. She was and still is such a good friend, I can call her whenever and she'd drop anything to help me etc. She's never done anything terrible to me but lead me on... and confuse me. I am so stuck. What do I do?

2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As much as you love your friendship with Jane you need to cut a ties and stay strong and not allow you back into your life. It sounds like she will never truly completely break up with her ex. She seems to be using you as an insurance policy and no doubt enjoys the attention.

You owe it to yourself to break free otherwise it's just gonna continue like this with you constantly getting hurt.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I agree you have to cut her out and find someone who deserves you. I know you clicked with her but there will be other girls you click with as well you just have to get out there and find them.

4. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Trust me, coming from someone who once loved another woman deeply, it's better to end the friendship and romance and move on. It can seem hard to find another person who can understand you and love you, but it always starts with yourself first. Only you can heal your own heartbreak and realize that, hey, Jane isn't so great after all.

You're looking through rose-colored glasses. Quite honestly, Jane sounds emotionally unstable and you need a stronger foundation than that.