1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crabs - Help Me

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by SkyDiver, Mar 20, 2018.

1. SkyDiver

So, I've got crabs... and it has basically mentally traumatized me. I've used an ointment from the pharmacy 6 different times over three weeks (three treatments) and while I haven't found an actual crab in about a week, I am STILL finding little eggs on my hairs. I shaved everything about a week ago, but now the hairs are growing again and so I'm wondering if the eggs are leftover and basically just dead shells, or if an adult is crawling around on me somewhere and still laying them. I drive myself to paranoia every time I feel any little itch or see any little speck of something on my skin, it's absolute hell. I just got a new mattress and pillow but I haven't removed the plastic wrap yet and I won't until I know this is gone. I haven't been sleeping in a blanket either and have been wearing only a few of the same articles of clothing because I threw all my underwear out. What else could I do differently? Why am I still seeing these fucking eggs? And am I able to tell if they are new or not? I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

2. MilansMele

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should be washing all your clothes, towels and bedding in REALLY hot water.
    If you feel like you've done a really thorough job with the over-the-counter medicines, you should visit your doctor and tell him that. He can write a prescription for Ivermectin (Stromectol). This is usually a single dose of two pills.

3. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had them once. It was the worst, because I didn't even get them in an, um, fun way -- I was staying over at a friends' place and got it from her roommate's bed. Yuck.

Bed sheets and the like should be put in plastic bags and stored for at least 15 days. You should shave or trim extremely short and repeat the treatment. Regular lotions for head lice work fine.