1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Could posts in "Fun and Games" not be counted in user totals?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by George1, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Eccentric

Well, a forum is a place for discussion, isn't it?
    Your post count is like your car's odometer. First, just because you have a big number doesn't mean you're a good driver, just that you like to drive. And second, every 3000 miles you should check your oil while every 3000 posts you should check your head :grin:

2. Shevanel

Dude, Andy, That was fucking Ace. Love Metaphors, and this one is awesome.

3. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Like i already mentioned, this is the first forum i've joined that counts spam posts in a users total posts. Every other forum uses post count to gauge what that user brings to the community. As i said in one of my first posts, counting to a million doesn't really show that you can help 'support' someone if they need help :slight_smile:

4. LornTehViking

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Agreed, but we don't need to check someone's post count to think about if they're good at support. If there is a member here that really wants some support/advice, it's really simple to go to the "view forum staff" page, find out who they need to contact, and do so.

A community is a group of people that share something, some need, some trait, some SOMETHING, and want to share themselves with each other. That's how I see it, and I don't think that's completely based on support and advice.

Whatever, I mean, I don't really think any of this is a big deal, but for those who want a high post count, they're still going to want a high post count if the fun and games threads aren't counted. That means they may flood the support and advice.

5. Dazed

Dazed Guest

there is really a thread about this? >_>

and its 3 pages?

martin pointed out the only way this would change is if there is a poll or something.
    so as of then this thread was only here to raise post count.

that being said...one more for me.

6. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

Nope, only 1 page.

7. Just Adam

why is this thread still going lol, if you dont like post counts jsut dont look at it put your hands over your eyes and say i cant see you ....

otherwise everybody have a nice day and ill see you all a worthwhile thread :slight_smile:

8. Tim

Tim

It's an opinion. I consider there is no point to removing, due to all the reasons I've listed in the past. As I said, some threads in F&Gs are better and more informative than some in Chit Chat, Entertainment, Coming Out, and Anonymous.

However, I do not care either way. I simply have an opinion, but don't really care what happens. How is that a bad thing?

EDIT: And I really wish people would stop calling them spam posts. I am very tempted to start posting tons of posts in other forums that I consider spam posts. Just because you consider something a spam post, doesn't mean everyone does.

When you weigh something, you have to consider everyone's opinion. I understand your position on this, but it's not up to you to consider what is spam, just as it isn't up to me. I could seriously link tons of threads in multiple forums I would consider spam, but I don't. SOME games in F&G could be considered spam, but some aren't.

I really think it'd just be easier to have the post count removed from under the username to the left, or even an option to disable viewing them, for those who for some reason want to see post count -.-;

#48 Tim, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  9. SAGUY84

SAGUY84 Guest

There not spam in a literal term, just as they are productive posts. But, word association, rate the avy above, you, ban the person above you, they are whats refereed to as spam. It doesn't matter about opinion on it, its just the way it is.

I say throw up the poll, and see what the results are. Also make it a public poll, just for kicks to see if the people 'for' is are all low post counters, and the people against it are all people who have banned the user above them 600 times :slight_smile:
    And not to single you out personally, but just looking at the 2 word games near the top of that section, you surpass my posts. That doesn't mean anything bad, i've just gotten used to every other forum and their 'quality not quantity' setup :slight_smile:

Oh, and just so were clear, i consider all of the general chat sections to be spam, and should be dropped from the post count (except the news section, which probably doesn't fit under the category 'general chat', although, thats just how i see the sections :slight_smile:)

#49 SAGUY84, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2009
  10. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I agree, just put the poll up to see what we think.

I know that in the Fun & Games section we can learn a lot about other users, and I know that there is a lot of crap posted elsewhere, but the sheer amount of posts per person in Fun & Games outweighs all other sections.
    If we had removed the counting of Fun & Games from user totals then it would possibly encourage more activity as the people who don't post much won't feel so intimidated before. Because people do get intimidated by people with thousands and thousands of posts.

And just for the record, I've got over 1,000 posts and I'm not a regular poster in Fun & Games. :slight_smile: