1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Considering ending my relationship...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Javy, May 22, 2020.

1. Javy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's almost been a year since I've been with my g/f but I want to keep exploring my sexuality. With that i mean making connections with humans that are going through similar situations. Ultimately, just being free. I've tried to mask this side of me by going to church and acting as if i enjoy life. I'm always stressing and often not in the greatest moods. I've downloaded an app to connect with others and off course have to be careful my g/f doesn't find out. My intention is not to cheat but chat and make friends. FYI. But in the end, its not right. Also, i'm too old for this nonsense. This is becoming a burden to me and i feel terrible about ending things.

What do you guys think?

2. olderwiser

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Living a lie has to be the hardest situation in life. One would need to be on constant "red alert' just to make sure not to get tripped up by some small something. Add to that the constant stress, it would be unbearable. In my opinion, telling the girlfriend honestly how you feel would be so much the better for both of you. Be prepared for the tears, yelling, accusations, guilt that will be coming your way. In the end you can rest assured that you did the right thing for the both of you. Good luck my friend...

3. NotTooLoud

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Imagine looking back on your life in 10 or 20 years. What would make you the happiest? Sometimes we have to take chances, and Brother, I have been there -- and it takes courage to take those initial steps without being able to see the future, your future.