1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Congradulations to!] Went to my first PFLAG [My Hometown!]

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by InaRut, Dec 15, 2011.

1. InaRut

Well I did it. I went to my first PFLAG meeting ever. And where? Well in my conservation little hometown!

Since I'm home for the holidays I was finally given some time to visit this new PFLAG chapter and I can say although the turn-out wasn't grand by any means, certainly more then I was expecting.

Apparently other meetings have had more of a turn-out and considering the season, the weather (rain rain rain!) and the time of year, it wasn't so bad.

The meeting was pretty interesting. I got to meet some of the people who are on the frontlines of helping my hometown gain a little bit of rainbow colouring. My mom's friend, who is one of the heads of PLAG was pretty proud to tell me all about how alot of my hometown's buisness have started putting rainbow stickers in thier windows. A pretty big deal for my community.

It's all been step by step for my community. And certinaly this PFLAG chapter has become a big step.

It's good news. Especially since my hometown has had 2 gay related suicides in the past year. It's about time somebody found our voice!

Yay!

Also, I'm not talking aboot Montreal. I just go to school there. I'm still a small town Ontariahian by blood.

2. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Phil, it's absolutely fantastic that you went to your first PFLAG meeting! Way to go! :slight_smile: