1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confusion

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by SamGirl, May 1, 2021.

1. SamGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi I'm very new here but I'm so confused and am so unsure on how to help myself.

I am currently married to a man but I have been having intense sexual feelings towards women for a while now
    I don't find any joy in having sex with my husband, it's more like a chore for me and It doesn't happen often. I've never been fully satisfied with a man either.

I have never actually even kissed the same sex but have recently had sexual dreams of them.

I guess I'm curious if anyone else has been through similar and what they've done.
    I do love my husband but I don't think it's the romantic love we have two young kids together and I really don't want to stir the pot unless I am absolutely 110% postive.

Thanks in advance

2. Suitsme

Suitsme Guest

Hi there and welcome.

You’ve definitely come to the right place in order to help you figure things out.

I was in your situation when I was in my 30s. I was married to a man and feelings that I’d more likely suppressed all my life about my attraction to women just surfaced big time! I fell in love with a woman when I was 38.

In the end I came out to my hubby who was incredibly supportive.I then came out to everyone else. What a relief that was but the process was tough. I felt a lot of guilt.

Many women go through this same process so you’re definitely not alone.

You’ll meet many others here who have either gone through this or are going through it right now.

SamGirl and sojabohnenfeld like this.
  3. SamGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you for that, it helps but also I am still so torn and confused.
    My boys are still quite young and I'm worried how seperating will affect them especially as we have been through quite a bit recently. It's definitely very scary and tough.

It's great to know I'm not alone

4. QuietPeace

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I do not believe that it is even possible to be even 100% positive on such things. It is even less likely to be certain about such things by simply thinking about it. I believe that to be even fairly confident that you would need to experiment.

Staying together "for the children" does not work. If two people are incompatible and have issues the children are going to feel that. I believe that it is better for children to be raised by two people living separately who are happy with their lives than two miserable people together. (for the record I did stay with someone because it was what I was programmed to do by family, church and society and it was a disaster for all involved)

5. SamGirl

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

Yeah I completely understand that, I do love him and I am happy but I just feel like I am missing something that's all and it's not even all the time just sometimes. It's so odd and confusing