1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Rosie78, Jul 18, 2022.

1. Rosie78

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi everyone,

I've been confused for a few years whether I'm bisexual or not... I'm 28 now and I've always considered myself to be straight, since I've only ever felt romantically attracted to/had crushes on guys. But since my early twenties I've noticed that I find myself sexually attracted to women as well from time to time. I find myself getting aroused by women or catch myself having sexual fantasies about them. I'm confused whether I'm bisexual or not since I've never had any romantic feelings towards another woman..

2. rachelamber

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    heyy!

i completely relate to how ur feeling, i’m only 17 but i can’t figure out if the reason i don’t feel much romantic attraction to girls is that i just haven’t found a girl irl that i would date or if it’s because i’m not completely comfortable with my sexuality yet. i guess what’s most important isn’t necessarily the label but trying to accept how we feel? idk i’m sorry i’m no expert HAHA

wishing u all the best!! <3

3. BirdWatcher87

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi Rosie!

I actually went through the exact same feelings you’re going through as I began to realize I was bisexual a few years ago.

In my early 20’s (now in my early mid 30’s), I always thought I was straight, but began to notice that I got a good feeling in my heart when I saw certain guys on TV or in pictures. I considered myself bi-curious at the time for awhile and didn’t think much of it.

It wasn’t until I was about 29 or 30 that I started to have feelings for guys in a sexual way and I started to notice them more. They would enter my fantasies or more recently, I actually had a few dreams where I had a long distance boyfriend that I got to know. I don’t think I could ever date a guy, but it’s been making my heart feel good and I feel happy calling myself bisexual :slight_smile:

Just be you and follow your heart! You don’t even have to use a label at all if you don’t want to. We’re always here for you if you need anything!

I hope this helped a little bit too!

Best Wishes!

itsuka likes this.