1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about my gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by orczr, Mar 8, 2022.

1. orczr

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello, I am new here. (English is not my first language so excuse any errors)
    At birth I was assigned a male but in the last year or so I have been questioning if I am transgender or not. I find joy in wearing female clothes, I want to have longer hair and prefer to use she / her pronouns and I want to have more feminine features. But at the same time I feel comfortable with my male body. I feel okay with people calling me a boy. But I really want to be a girl at the same time. Is this caused by me coping for something else? Is it a natural part of puberty? I am quite confused and I hope someone can help me understand my feelings and gender identity.

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    orczr.....Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help so many years ago. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! We're very glad that you found us here on Empty Closets and hope that we can answer questions, give support if you need it and provide a place to vent (as long as it's not violent!) :old_big_grin: when that becomes necessary! There are 18 different sub-forums here that you can check out and join in the conversations or start your own thread/conversation. In particular you may want to check out the forum that is titled "Gender Identity and Expression”, there are a lot of people there who will understand what you are dealing with. When you have made at least 10 posts on various threads you will be able to post messages on a member's Profile Page. Just click on a member's Avatar Picture and then click on "Profile Page" in the dialogue box that pops up. You'll then be on their Profile Page and there will be a box that says: "Write Something" When you have been on EC for a few weeks and have made at least 50 posts on various forums, you can apply for Full Membership. A Full Member can send Private Messages (PM) to other Full Members and share personal contact info. Right now you can only send a PM to a Staff Member as that is always possible. Here is a quote from the Full Membership information forum: :old_cool:

*****To be eligible you must be a member of Empty Closets for a minimum of two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts. These posts must be across numerous forums (Fun & Games does not contribute to post count), and consistently posted across a minimum of two weeks. You wouldn't be eligible, for example, if you registered, had no activity for two weeks, and then returned to post 50 times on your 14th day of membership.

*****Well, as I said, we're very glad you found us! :old_rolleyes: If you have any questions at all, you can post a question on my Profile Page or send me a Private Message.

.....David :gay_pride_flag:

3. DragonChaser

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello, friend! I'm Lydia, a real, live transwoman, and it sounds to me like you've started a bit of a journey! Congratulations! I'm proud of you for looking into yourself and being willing to accept what you find!

So, from the sound of things, you might be transgender, but I wouldn't be too committed to finding a label. Labels are there for general descriptive purposes, they're not some identity checklist that you must follow.

I'm assuming your age, since you mentioned puberty, but in my teens I considered myself a cross-dresser, because I was comfortable with having a penis and hadn't really thought about why I liked woman's clothing and other typically feminine interests.

When I really thought about it a few years ago, I realized that, while I may like and want to keep my... [ahem] "girl," in every other way I want to be a woman and I started down that road. That's where I am right now; down my path towards womanhood.

I would recommend, while being very patient and gentle with yourself, figuring why you like to cross-dress. If it's just comfortable and fun to play around a bit, that's actually pretty normal. Most people would cross-dress if they could without social pressure, and you just want it a bit more than them.

If you think you might want to make a few changes to your body or hormonal chemistry though, explore that. You may find something there you've been repressing for a long time. I sure did. Or maybe not! It's all part of learning.

Also keep in mind, you don't have to commit to some arbitrary list of specific interests or behaviors to be "valid" as a transgender person. You should focus on figuring out what YOU want, not what is typical for others.

Okay, honey, I think I've babbled at you long enough now, so I'll just say I hope that helps! Hugs and good vibes, sweetie! :smile_cat:

ScottG, TinyWerewolf and quebec like this.
  4. ScottG

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My mtf trans though started 5 years ago so i know your dilemma. Im at the point I want to start transitioning