1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concerning reporting a post.

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by becKEY0011, Feb 13, 2018.

1. becKEY0011

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If I were to report an offensive post, would the poster know who reported them? And if one does report, how will the poster be affected? How about accidental reporting? Just a thought...

2. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If you get into heat exchange with a user and right after they get reported they will assume its you but they wont know for sure.

3. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If its an accidental report just pm an admin, they can sort you out.

4. Niagara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm not a moderator here, but I am on another site that uses Xenforo like this one so it's the same system.

No, the poster doesn't know who reported them. When you send in a report a little notification box pops up in the top left corner of the moderator's screen, they click it, read what you wrote in the report, and then decide what to do about it.

Accidental reports are just dismissed/rejected as the moderator can see there is nothing wrong with the post, or the report looks strange.

If a report is found to be invalid, it's just rejected and nothing happens. If there is something wrong with the post, some type of action is applied depending on site policies. It could be a post deletion, a warning, a suspension, a permanent ban, or anything else the moderator feels is needed.

5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello,

Niagara's answer is really close to what happens.

The poster won't know he/she got reported. When you report a post, the post + your comment goes to a tab in the "mod screen" where we can review what happened. From there, we can discuss it and decide if we need to take action, and what exactly are we going to do.

If you report someone by accident, we will just review the case, conclude that there's nothing wrong and close your report. Nothing will happen, so don't worry about it.

I want to remind everyone to check this thread. If you see someone violating the Code of Conduct (or if you suspect that, even if you aren't 100% sure), or if someone is bothering you or acting weird/in a suspect way, please report the content, by clicking report or sending a PM to me or another mod/staff member. Even if it ends up being nothing, it is better to check and be sure it is fine than to not do anything.

We are all volunteers here, so we can't keep an eye on the entire forum all time (we are good at it, but, still, we are humans and humans may fail). We need the help of everyone in the community to keep it safe and working properly. Please, don't hesitate on reporting something that doesn't feel right.

6. idsm

What happens if you report an actual moderator? Do they get to handle the report against them? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Jackie Ray

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The answer to who watches the watchers? The NKVD.

8. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aye, which is why concerns regarding a member of staff are best sent privately to the Admin/CF's, who can look into the concerns for you. :slight_smile:

9. idsm

Wow! I was actually expecting a negative answer. Something along the lines of "for transparency reasons... yada yada".

I guess I'll know better next time... :slight_smile:

#9 idsm, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2018