1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Candy1, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Candy1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is there a perfect time to come out or it just depends with what's best for you and when you are ready.What should be the best response if someone keeps on asking you why you decided to come out?It makes me uncomfortable every time I'm asked that.What is the best response one can give?please help

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Candy1,

There is no pre-set timeline for Coming Out. Each of us decides if/when to Come Out (or not) to someone when we are comfortable doing so and on our own timeline.

Are you saying that you Came Out to someone and they are asking you WHY you came out?

3. Lora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Come out when you're ready. Come out to people you think are openminded and non judgemental. You don't want to come out to unfriendly and less understanding people, friends or family, bcoz they will give a whiplash that'll put your spirit down. The reason for coming out - you're the only one who knows why. A lot of people come out for different reason. I am out to few friends because I want them to know this other side of me that sometimes send me to the moon, or drop me at the bottom of the ocean when I'm jilted.

4. Candy1

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for the explanation I'm relieved.Some people tend to judge others without even noticing that it hurts.