1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out tomorrow

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Sota, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Sota

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey guys! I just wanted to tell you all that i'm going to come out tomorrow to my friend. Ik that being trans is soo hard and it is bothering me soo long that i've decided to finaly tell someone how i feel inside. I hope he'll understand and acept me. If he support me i'll have more confidence to come out to some other friends and most important, my family. I'll inform you how it ended. I just want to know if u guys have some good advices. It's not easy i know. But if i don't risk, nothing will change. It's harder every day for me. I think i'm ready for this small but important moment.

#1 Sota, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  2. NotSure97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Firstly, congratulations! Coming out is a huge step and I for one am very proud of your decision - especially if it will put things at ease for you!

I think whats important to remember is not everybody will react the same. I still haven't told my grandparents because they are traditionalist but apart from that, everybody else knows. There's no need to rush, and please only do things at your own pace. If he accepts you then that's brilliant, but if not...that's his problem! You were the bigger person to make that initial step to be truthful to who you are and it doesn't matter what other people think, as long as you are happy!

For me, coming out was very anti-climatic. I built it up to be this huge thing, and when I said it, people just replied "Oh, I knew for years I just didn't want to say anything". So heck, maybe they already can tell or know and it may not be as daunting as you think - you'd be surpised!

Go with your heart. I am very proud of you for accepting yourself.

Love <3

3. Sota

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Tysm! You made my day!
    Tysm! You made my day. :grin: <3

4. jam93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My only advice would be don't be disapointed or supprised if he's just like "oh cool" and then moves on. Comming out to other people is a big step for us, but often times it's not to the people we tell. I got that reaction a lot when I started comming out, and at first I was kind of disapointed. But eventually I came to relize that thier reactions, or lack of reactions, were actually good because it showed that they didn't care. I'm still the same person, I'm still thier friend even if I like guys too. Now this is based on my experince comming out as bi, things may be a bit different comming out as trans since that requires a bit more effort on thier part (new name to remember, different pronouns, etc.), but I think it still bears mentioning. Anyway good luck, I hope things go well for you.

Sota likes this.
  5. Sota

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks