1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to sister

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lc asl, Aug 14, 2017.

1. lc asl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I have come out to in total 4 of my friends, but I am planning to move to the next level.
    I want to come out to my sisters, beginning with one, who I'll be staying in a room with for the next days.

I never heard anything about her opinion about the LGBT community, but I think she is accepting. I'm frightened by the idea, and I have no idea how to do it, she doesn't know yet I just broke up with my girlfriend. I really want to tell her everything but I am very afraid for whatever you can imagine, any advice?

2. mlm1234

mlm1234 Guest

i was crap telling mine, i ended up telling the story of the man for fought a bear and about the traveling man in yorkshire. what worked for me

3. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I came out as an effeminate receptive gay male to my straight twin sister she replied "Oh, I've known that all along."
    Being out to accepting family members is quite liberating in that you can finally be who you really are around them and it tends to bring you closer together.
    You can test the waters while opening a dialog by bringing up and asking your sister her opinion on a current LGBT political issue. A good one now would be Prez Trump's decision to ban transgenders from military service.

4. mlm1234

mlm1234 Guest

dont think and just say, if u think the devil it will get u and u will not say anything. the devil is in the mind, in the thought before the action. the only way that u can defeat it being not to think and just feel and speak without thought to the words that u would think.

#4 mlm1234, Aug 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2017