1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out to my Best Friend

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Hollycat26, May 27, 2018.

1. Hollycat26

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    A few months ago I came out to my best friend. I literally called her on the phone, told her I was multisexual, and she was like "ok, cool great." since then I've discovered that I am not multisexual, and when I told her she was still fine with it. I don't know why I stressed so much, since she's like real gay and so are all her friends, but she's actually happy I'm lgbtqiap+
    This was short I know, just wanted to show that not all coming out has to be super emotional and such.

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's great that you are gaining confidence to come out to people, but I think you need more clarity in your own mind. Your friend reacted quite well, under the circumstances and I'm guessing there was little more she could say, other than, "Ok, cool great" because she probably didn't have the first idea what you meant by multisexual. I imagine there are very few people in the whole world who understand what multisexual means (including people who self identify this way) and it's certainly not a label we recognise on this forum.

I say this with all kindness, but you really need to spend some time working out who you truly are. Obscure labels like multisexual will not help you or anyone else. Labels like these are not recognised and only serve to confuse and isolate people within cliquish groups - usually online. That's not healthy.