1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out to friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ingvermama, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Ingvermama

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    :blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:Hi, I have come out to my husband and my daughter (I’m bisexual) and that was absolutely fine, my husband was cool about it, asked me who I fancied, I think we can have some great chats about that in the future! :laughing: My daughter also took it great, said congratulations and gave me a hug. I would like to tell a really close friend of mine, someone who knows so much about me, and has helped me through some serious mental health issues this past year. She is with a man but has had same sex relationships in the past, so I kind of think she will be an ally and exactly the right person to tell. But there’s a small part of me that is worried she will react badly, and I have no reason to think this will happen. I have bad self confidence and low self esteem and I always think people won’t like me if I’m not perfect, and I know this is where the thoughts of her not being okay with me come from. Tomorrow is the day we are meeting up and I want to tell her. Just need some courage from you lovely lot!

CharlieLuca and GrumpyOldLady like this.
  2. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You can do it! It'll feel so good to be open with your friend.

I know exactly how you feel. I have 2 friends I'm desperate to come out to but I keep avoiding it out of fear of how they'd react. Which is stupid as one is bisexual himself and the other has plenty of other LGBT friends.

So you should do what I can't. It might give me the courage to come out to my friend on Wednesday when I see him!

You have more confidence than me and I respect your courage! Let us know how it goes tomorrow :grin:

GrumpyOldLady and Ingvermama like this.
  3. Ingvermama

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well I hope I can do it, she really is someone I trust and who I want to know. I’ll come back and let you know how I get on. You can tell your friends too, it sounds like they are both ideal people! Thank you for your encouragement.

CharlieLuca likes this.
  4. old tacoma

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not only can you do this, you should come out to your friend. I came out to a long time gay friend and he has been a real help for me in ways I couldn’t have imagined. He now invites me to join him for lunches with his other gay friends. Being with them has made me realize just how unique each of our journeys in life have been, and yet we share many of the same issues and responses. You can do this!

GrumpyOldLady and Ingvermama like this.
  5. Ingvermama

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So I did it, I came out to her and it was okay, infact it was perfect! I did bottle it while we were together yesterday, but I messaged her when I got home and told her my story. All is well. If I can do it, anyone can :blush:Ingver

6. old tacoma

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Great news!

Ingvermama and GrumpyOldLady like this.
  7. GrumpyOldLady

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so glad things worked out so well for you!

Ingvermama likes this.
  8. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ingvermama likes this.