1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out to Family..?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by dollparts, Sep 9, 2017.

1. dollparts

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think I might come out to my mum and sister today. I don't live with my dad and we're not close, so I don't plan on telling him that I'm gay. I planned on telling my mum earlier on in the week, but due to being back at college my anxiety levels sky rocketed (to the point where I can't be in the same room as my peers when I'm not in lessons, which resulted in a LOT of panicked crying in a gross school toilet cubicle), and I immediately got scared off telling her due to my mood being so much lower.

However, after having positive conversations with my friends (who don't know I'm a lesbian) about LGBT stuff (including RuPaul's drag race lol), and my crush messaging me about a lesbian-related film we both like, I feel that I have been given the mood boost and confidence to tell my mum, and then probably my sister too. I know they'll both be supportive, but of course it's still the scariest thing, because they probably have little to no idea, and no matter what I do my anxiety is still a huge part of my life.

I'd appreciate it if anyone on this site would want to share their thoughts! -S
    <3