1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out To Close Friends

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by TicTacsAndCoke, Apr 7, 2016.

1. TicTacsAndCoke

Keep in mind that I go to an all-girls high school.

I have recently been questioning my gender and I have found that I'm nonbinary, leaning more toward transmasculine. I want to come out to my friends, but I have no idea how. I've been wearing a little nonbinary flag rubber bracelet, and I changed my phone lockscreen--which they have seen multiple times. I have been flattening my chest with a sports bra and a tight tank top every day, and also showing an interest in getting my hair cut short, yet they don't suspect a thing. And is it weird that I kind of...want them to...? Just so I don't have to say anything to them.

I want to come out to them. But whenever I open my mouth to do it, I just get choked up and I can't. I know they'll be supportive--well, I know at least one of them will--but I just don't know how to come out. Help?

2. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not strange. But unless you say it aloud, they won't know.

Try more casual. When I changed my hairstyle and clothes, some people asked me why the change. And I said to reflect the change of my name. And the discussion started and I said that I prefer my male name etc.