1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out songs

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by randoney31, Mar 20, 2012.

1. randoney31

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because I'm scared to tell people in different, I thought I could do it in the form of music. So basically what are some good coming out songs? (e.g born this way -lady gaga)

Oh and I might perform it in my schools music festival thingy if the music teacher decides to get the program running again which I hope I can sort of convince him to.

Please help because this is one of the only ways I can come out to someone without it being awkward

2. Fisnou

3. timo

4. Curly

5. BudderMC

I'm still a fan of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6pODq8_FxE&ob=av2e

Though, I will say since nobody really produces songs that are very explicitly about coming out, you'd better prepare yourself to follow up with some talking if you want everyone to 100% know you're coming out. Otherwise, it might at best just be a subtle hint that you aren't straight, which may not be what you're looking for (and might actually make things more difficult, being in high school).

6. colorful

Haha. I love this.

You could sing Katy Perry's I kissed a girl except switch girl for guy. Lol.

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2012 at 06:37 AM ----------

You could also use any of these lovely suggestions from two of my favorite ladies.

Dannielle Says:

HERE IS A TRUE STORY:

When I was just out of college I was hanging out with an old friend and he was like ‘i want to tell amanda (mybestfriendintheworld) I’m gay, but I don’t want it to be awkward, so I think I’m going to turn it into a game’ and I was like ‘oooookay’

So, we’re all eating a MOE’S SOUTHWESTERN GRILL and he’s like ‘do you guys wanna play a word association game?’ and we were like ‘alright’ and he was like ‘frog’ and amanda goes ‘green’ and i go ‘grass’ and he goes ‘i’m gay’ and then i laughed and laughed and laughed and amanda was like ‘wait…what?’

——

We basically talked about it right then and it was all fun and great, but the point is, you can pretty much do anything. If I were you I would suggest a few real good lines:

1. “Oh man, you know what’s so gay?….THIS GUY *points to self*”

2. “HAKUNA MATATA WHAT A WONDERFUL PHRASE HAKUNA MATATA OH BY THE WAY I’M GAYYYY IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF I’M GAYYYYY”

3. “hahahahahha” …”why are you laughing” …..”BECAUSE I LOVE BONING MEMBERS OF THE SAME SEX…HILARIOUS RIGHT?!?!”

4. skip to 5.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST
    5. “Hey guys, check out this question i asked on...” and then pull up the website page on your computer and pose behind them with your mouth agape, pointing to yourself. Don’t move until right around now when they look behind them to see if you’re doing what i just told you to do.

Honestly, after what I just told you, WTF is kristin going to say ever? GOODLUCKKRISTIN

Kristin Says:

Having to be second in the line of funny is so harrddddd, you guys. Ughghghghg.

Let’s see…

1. Make a t-shirt that says, “GAY PEOPLE WEAR THIS SHIRT.”

2. At lunch, be like, “You guys, you know that song FRIDAYFRIDAYGETTINDOWNONFRIDAY? Those lyrics are almost as ridiculous as me not telling you until now that I’m gay.”

3. Scream “Rachel Maddow!” over and over and over again until someone asks you what the hell you are doing. Then, just tell them you thought that was how you were supposed to announce that you are a homosexual.

4. Invite all your friends over and before they arrive, hide in the closet. Then, when they are like, “Sam, where are you,” you say, from inside the closet, “I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU THAT I WOULD LIKE TO DO THROUGH INTERPRETIVE DANCE.” Then, open the closet, step outside, and do a jump split.

Goddamn. I really wish I wasn’t out to everyone in the world so that I could execute number four personally.

7. greeneyes

These are so great!

Here are songs off the top of my head...

Love Story (TSwift) - really anything by Taylor Swift since all of her songs are addressed to men.
    Hot (Avril Lavigne)
    True Colors (Lauper)
    Run the World (change to guys) (Beyonce)
    What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger (Kelly Clarkson)
    Cough Syrup (kind of ironic = "If I could find a way to see this straight I'd run away") (Young the Giant)

Though the suggestions above are way cooler haha.

8. insidehappy

yes i love this one and you can fuse it with the newer rendention from Biggie Smalls "Big Poppa" where they used that beat

9. TruffleDude

This one is not about coming out, but it does capture the essence of what it is like to be in the closet. Which can be useful for explaining why you are coming out.
    [YOUTUBE]8zr2RasTC_I[/YOUTUBE]

This one is about the need to find freedom in your soul.
    [YOUTUBE]UuOVhw_RHRM[/YOUTUBE]

Also take a look at the wikipedia article on Gay Anthems

Enjoy, and the best of luck to you.

#9 TruffleDude, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012