1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out motivation

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by choni, Sep 17, 2018.

1. choni

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone. I told myself awhile ago I wanted to come out to my parents before I go away to college, but that date has snuck up on me and is now 2 days away. And my stepmom isn't coming to move me in, so basically I have a day to tell them. I want to, but I'm so scared. I know they'll be accepting, and I wouldn't be putting myself in some type of danger by coming out, but for some reason I can't bring myself to say it. I've made coming out to be like some life-altering revelation, even though I know it isn't. I just feel like I'll seem like a whole new person to them, and I guess I'm scared of that. I'm looking for motivation though because I feel ready to come out. I don't think I'll ever not feel scared or nervous, so I figure it's time to do it. Now I'm even second guessing coming out at all and just waiting until I get a girlfriend (at that rate maybe they'll never find out lmao). But I think I'm just being silly. I'm ready for them to know, but I can't say it. I don't know if that makes sense. Any advice? Words of encouragement?

Love4Ever likes this.
  2. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You got this! I was in your position a week ago almost. I came out to my mom by text and am so glad I did. No regrets. I was terrified too! I actually totally psyched myself out and got really scared even though I knew she probably already knew and wouldn't care. And sure enough she knew. She was a bit confused because I seemed straight for much of my growing up, but she accepted it no problem. I say take a deep breath and do it. It feels great afterward.

3. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was gonna write my mum a letter when I came out. I am older, but in the end I phoned my mum as this was easier for me than a face to face conversation. It was still hard for me but I felt empowered after My sister, I sent her a text but it was more like a letter!
    You will feel so much better once you tell yiur mum. But it had to be when you are ready and don't put pressure on yourself.

Love4Ever likes this.