1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out. I’m straight. With a twist.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by whyamihere, Sep 20, 2018.

1. whyamihere

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    If you read this entire post, we should be friends. Sorry it’s so long, I didn’t know I had so much to say.

Yes. You read that right. I’m a straight man. I was never gay and I’ll never be gay, I only like women. More specifically, my fiancée who I’m ready to marry next month. But I do have something I think I should come out about to her, and even to my family before I take this step.

This may be not be the place to talk about this and if it isn’t, I’m sorry. It’s something that pretty recently and very quickly took a grasp on my life, and I think that it’s become serious enough now that I can’t ignore it as a “bad habit” anymore like I used to my entire life. Now I’ve come to enjoy it regularly (in private, of course) and I’ve come to a crossroads in my life where I need to decide if I’m gonna continue this, or drop for good. I’m a crossdresser.

That’s actually the first time I’ve admitted it to myself so that’s a start, I guess. For as long as I can remember, I’ve been fascinated by skirts. More to the point, I’ve always been fascinated (not in a good way) that society dictates that only girls and women are allowed to wear them. I never thought that was fair, but I accepted it and never gave it much thought, other than I’m a boy and these pants are made for me. But girls wear them too? AND they get skirts too?! Not fair!!!

Growing up into my adolescence, I discovered that I get aroused by seeing an attractive girl in a short skirt (as probably most straight preteen/teenage boys do), but I also discovered that I get aroused instantaneously by wearing a short skirt. I didn’t know why, but my raging teenage hormones didn’t ask too many questions. I always knew I was attracted to girls, so the thought that it might be because I’m gay (which now as an adult I’ve learned that a guy who crossdresses doesn’t instantly mean he’s gay) was never an issue for me. I’ve never had a question about my sexuality. But the misconception of a straight teenage boy wearing short skirts to get aroused might be a bit misleading to some uneducated adults about sexuality in 2018. Like my Christian parents.

As I grew older, not much else changed. I was a normal guy, wearing normal guy clothes, doing normal guy things, and only occasionally remembering oh yeah, I used to do that. And even more rarely when I’m all alone and an opportunity with a skirt arises did I actually take that opportunity. It was never an issue for me about what I used to do, I was a kid. My hormones were out of control, everyone goes through puberty differently. But I still always found myself taking extra looks at girls wearing skirts on my college campus, or walking down the street or pretty much anywhere else. I just thought that it’s really sexy for girls to wear that, and I’m not a pervert who wants to follow them around and touch them or take pictures of them for myself. I always thought “It’s okay to look, it’s not okay to touch.”. Today I think of it more as “It’s okay to look, it’s not okay to violate.”, as in following and touching and taking pictures etc.

The one day, I couldn’t even tell you why, but I guess just out of morbid curiosity because of all the thoughts that must have been going through my head at the time, I went on eBay and bought myself a skirt. In my name, with my money, it was my property. It was a blue and gold cheerleader skirt, which now that I think about it I most definitely overpaid for, but within a week it arrived and I put it on. Me, not knowing women’s clothing sizes, ordered it a bit too small, but it fit. I looked in the mirror at my new skirt and I thought “Damn. Why am I doing this?” as I twirled around and watched how it moved on me and started to get me tingly. I took pictures of myself wearing it, I took videos of myself wearing it and moving around in it, and I kept it hidden in my room. Always knowing that it was right there for me when I wanted to be weird. I was single at the time, and going to college while working a weekend job and still living with my parents so I had quite a bit of private time. I had it for about a year, when one day my parents took it upon themselves to clean, redecorate, and reorganize my entire room while I was working. The second I opened my door and saw how immaculate everything looked, I went right to where I was hiding my skirt for the past year and sure enough, it was gone. I’ve been caught by my parents. And they weren’t even home to try to smooth talk my way out of it. I had no idea what to do, they hadn’t contacted me all day so I didn’t know if they were mad at me or if they needed to have a serious talk with me or anything. When they got home, they seemed nice enough. “Did you see your room? It took us all day to clean it.” “Oh yeah, it looks great! But why? I was gonna get to it myself eventually.”, I said. I didn’t get any feeling of suspicion or hostility from them, just a flat out “We found a skirt in your room. What was it doing there?”. And this next part is nothing short of miraculous. I’ve never BS’ed my way out of something with my parents like this before and claimed that it was a Halloween costume from my job. The girls were going as football players, and the guys were going as cheerleaders, and they wanted me to be a part of it with them but I didn’t want to, and I was going to give the costume back. They bought it (probably not, but it got me out of trouble), and I went back up to my room and breathed a huge sigh of relief. My skirt was gone, but at least my parents don’t think I’m some freak. And from then, I didn’t buy another piece of women’s clothing. ...until 2018.

Now I’m in a serious relationship, the cheerleading skirt is long gone and I’ve never been happier. But with my new fiancée, my crossdressing focus seems to have shifted to a different article of clothing: panties. One day, she asked me to put hers on while in bed together, and she said that she really liked how my butt looked in them. That was probably the fastest arousal I’ve gotten up until that point. We had sex and then I spent that night in her panties. Of course, I didn’t want her to think I want her to let me try on all of the panties she brought with her from home that weekend, so I took them off the next morning and changed into my boxers. But I really wanted more. Since then, we’ve swapped underwear a few times and thought it was funny, but I loved it wearing her underwear. I loved wearing women’s underwear. So much that... I went out and bought some. For me. I don’t know what it is, but I just wanted to throw out all of my boxers and replace them with silky, lacy bikinis and hipsters. But that would surely get me caught, so I thought two would be enough. I still have them, and I haven’t been caught with them. Yet. Because when I started to wear them regularly, I started to want something else that I hadn’t done in a while. Skirts.

I remember Googling pictures of men in skirts, not to arouse me (because men don’t arouse me), but as reassurance that there are guys out there who not only wear skirts, but have their picture taken wearing a skirt and have it posted on the internet for anyone to see. And that’s when I thought “screw it, I’m buying myself a skirt.” After browsing through everything that a “miniskirt” search returned on Amazon, I settled on a pleated tartan miniskirt for $15. Already impatient, I cut off the legs from a pair of jeans I didn’t wear anymore, and the result was a very uneven, very short denim miniskirt. It looked horrible, but I was (kinda?) wearing a skirt again, only this time with panties on underneath, and that just brought a whole new rush of hormones to me. Two days later my real skirt arrived, and I was so excited. I would wear it as soon as I was alone, I would look at myself in the mirror, and I would even be a little daring and wait until it got dark to put on a hoodie, my skirt, and some shoes to do something outside quickly like take out the garbage, or get something from my car. It was exhilarating to be wearing a skirt outside of the privacy of my home. Today, I wear the skirt every opportunity I can. I bought another one, and I interchange them. I wear it on my drive to work, and I wear it on my drive home from work, because I keep it in my trunk, where I have the only key to open it. Somewhere in that time, it became more than occasional crossdressing. And now, it has become more serious than ever.

Halloween is approaching, and it’s not uncommon to see people already buying Halloween costumes and decorations. So yesterday (literally yesterday as of the posting of this thread), while doing my shopping at Target, I wander into the Halloween section and see a long and sleek blonde wig. I thought why not? I threw it in my basket, I went to the self checkout lane and went home. When I got home, I took a shower, put a clean pair of panties on, put on a tartan skirt, and a T-shirt, before putting on the wig and seeing myself with long, blonde, girly hair for the first time in my entire life. It was unlike anything I’ve ever felt before, and it made me realize that I’m slowly become a true crossdresser. Now I don’t know what to do. I was once just some regular guy, now I’m lying down in bed, pulling down my skirt so my panties aren’t exposed, and on top of that, figuring out what to do about this long hair that keeps getting in my face. It’s a cheaply made wig, but it can be styled. If I knew how to style. But now here I am, girlier than ever, still a guy, still not into BDSM, and most importantly still straight, not knowing what to do. That ugly girl looking back at me in the mirror is starting to affect me. I just don’t know what to do, and I certainly don’t know how to let my loved ones in on it. I don’t want to live a secret life, because getting caught would be horrifying for everyone involved. If anyone could help me, or point me in the direction of someone or something that could help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much for reading my story. Now to think about my next move...

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read the whole thing so I guess we should be friends now haha.

I really have no idea what to say to this, but it's definitely not wrong to like cross-dressing (I don't, but others do). Your situation in particular does seem unhealthy to me though...not because of the skirt and panties stuff, it's the obsession you seem to have with them and compulsive need to wear them as much as possible like driving to work in them and ripping up a pair of jeans just to avoid waiting a few more days for the skirt that could become a problem over time. I guess you could try talking to a therapist about it to see how it could best be managed and why you suddenly want to do this again after not caring for so long.

3. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

Aren't most fetishes like that? I can't really speak for cross dressing specifically as that's not something I'm personally interested in but it seems like feeling a "compulsion" to do a certain thing comes with the territory of having a fetish and anything else remotely sexual. As long as he's not ripping up every pair of pants he owns or spending all his money on women's clothing. I don't see the issue?

4. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's exactly the concern. It's evident in the post that the obsession is increasing. It started with one skirt that was lost, not a big deal. Then a second skirt made of jeans, a third one, then panties, then more panties, then a wig... after a few years of it building like that fetishes can become all-consuming and by then it's too late to do much about it when he already has 500 skirts. Doesn't happen to everyone of course, but still might be good to figure out what's causing it early.

5. fadedstar

fadedstar Guest

Is it though? I just perceived his post as someone who grew up repressed in a conservative environment (as he mentioned "christian parents") finally as an adult (I assume OP is an adult) feeling slightly less repressed than he used to. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But I guess perception is subjective.

I mean I'm not implying it's on the same level at all, but there was a time when people with same sex attractions were seen as "broken or neurotic" and needing to be "fixed." Of course it's not the same but why do we have to label the behavior "deviant" or "unhealthy" if it's not harming anyone else (or himself yet?) I just don't like the thought of kink shaming people when their kinks are effectively harmless. It seems unnecessary in this case, especially when OP has explained in essence how oppressive the environment he grew up in was to anything not 100% normative.

Maybe I'm a little bit "out there" in saying this but I don't see why ending up with 500 skirts it's any worse than ending up with 500 books or 500 records. Of course if he bought them all at once in a short space of time that would be too much. But that seems a bit like catastrophizing the situation. I'm sure OP has at least some self control. The only real problem I can foresee is people being judgmental.

#5 fadedstar, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2018
    Izzy43 likes this.
  6. Rade

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I'm honest I have warn women's knickers, not often and only because I like the soft feel of them .
    No desire for any other womens clothes