1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming Out & Feeling Vulnurable

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Mia C, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Mia C

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey,

ever since I started coming out I've been feeling relieved and relaxed on the one hand and I haven't really made any bad experiences as well. I had severe panic attacks before, and now they have pretty much disappeared.

On the other hand, I have noticed myself getting a little bit more socially awkward. I am very aware of myself when I talk to people and tend to blush and get very nervous. Sometimes I obsess about little things like "How much eye contact do people normally make?" and then ir gets super weird...
    Even with people who aren't aware of my orientation I get this, but especially with LGBT people, to be honest.

I am not sure, why exactly I am feeling this way, but I associate it with a new vulnurabiltity that comes with coming out. I feel like people can see right through me, like they know all my deepest thoughts and know about my feelings... I know, it makes no sense...

How do you deal with the vulnurability that goes with being out? Or do you see things in a completely different light?

I would love to hear your thoughts & experiences. :slight_smile:

Mia