1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out delima, need help!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by danielle17, Jan 2, 2020.

1. danielle17

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, a few days ago I came out as a transgender woman to my mom. Didn't go well. I backed myself into a bad corner over the years by saying I wanted to go to the Olympics. But I was basically cut from my professional swimming team for having slow times (not slow, more like not fast enough on national level.) Anyway, I thought this was a good opportunity to come out and transition into the woman I know I am. But, my mom, my grandma, my aunt, my uncle, and my sister want my to join men's synchronized swimming, telling me," You'll regret giving up this great opportunity." And it's not as if I don't want to go to the Olympics, I just don't want to be forced to be a male for the next 5 years until the 2024 Olympics. So I came out to mom, and I even showed her the transgender rules for swimming in the Olympics. But she just went on and said," You don't really want that," and," You don't want to spend the rest of your life alone," and finally," Just wait until your older." My voice is pretty deep, I'm 6'1, barely any fasal hair, but thankfully my body is still not very masculine. But if wait any longer I'm going to lose my mind, I can't stand this male body i've been forced to cope with for the last 17 years. I just want to be me. I really need some advice on the matter.

2. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    danielle17.....Hello and in case no one has said it...Welcome to empty closets! There is a sub-forum here on EC that could be very helpful to you. Check out the "Gender Identity and Expression" forum. So glad that you have found us here!!
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: