1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out before going home for christmas

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by evora, Dec 16, 2013.

1. evora

Actually, I want to ask my mother to tell her parents that I *think* I'm gay and have been going to LGBT events and that I worry a lot that when they learn about it, they'd not want to talk to me again.

Is this a good idea? Coming out before christmas? If it doesn't go well, I simply won't have to go home then. I really want to get this off my chest but I've no idea how they'd take it. I've already told (blurted it out to) my other grandmother and she still sent me money ... so I don't know what to do.

Right now I feel like I should do it and get it over and done with because I have better things to worry about and to occupy my time with, my exams for example. But what if I regret it? Do you think I would? Should I do it? It's got nothing to do with the holidays, I've just got to a point where I can't lie anymore. Being gay is not on my mind all the time but pretending to be straight around my family is.