1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out at 35 in NYC

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by nerdbrain, Aug 24, 2014.

1. nerdbrain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people

At other times in my life, I've had some pretty obsessive fears about herpes and AIDS, but those were instigated by weird/inconclusive lab tests. I do have some obsessional behavior patterns in other areas of my life.

I am having a lot of the same sorts of doubts with my wife. Our relationship is in a very weird spot right now due to my latest crisis.

I have decided to label myself as bisexual for now since it gives me some kind of peace of mind -- at least the intense pressure to identify as gay or straight is diminished. As for what to do next, I'm still working on that.

Are you still seeing the good Dr. Phillipson?

2. Eric Dave

Eric Dave Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    No I haven't seen him in 5 yrs. I did get ocd therapy off someone else since but not since 2012.

3. nerdbrain

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, it sounds like you might want to consider getting back to therapy of some kind. Regardless of your actual sexual orientation, you sound like you're obsessing pretty hardcore. One thing I can say with confidence: if you do nothing about this problem, it will persist.

4. pologuy

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey @nerdbrain - any updates on what is going on with your situation? Mine is eerily similar except the whole thing started for me in December...