1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming out as Genderfluid (I need help!)

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Alex the great, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Alex the great

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello everybody!
    First of all, I'm french so forgive my poor english "owo
    I'm 14 yo, genderfluid and bisexual, and I got anxiety and depression since 1 year now. I'm getting to high school at the end of the summer holidays and nobody knows me there, so I think it would be great to come out to my parents before so I can identify as genderfluid at school (and having the right pronouns).
    The problem is: I am REALLY stressed about EVERYTHING. I'm almost always depressed and I'm kinda insecure... On top of that, non binarity is super unknown is France...
    So I'm here to ask for help! I don't know how to come out, but I know that I WANT it. For information, I don't think saying it out loud would be a good idea, I'm searching for an original way to come out indirectily.
    Thanks!

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For bisexual, just mention both male and female celebrities or people at the school you like in the same conversation where it flows.

For genderfluid, perhaps everyday wear a different badge for the pronouns you are using that day.

3. Alex the great

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For bisexual: I already do that and I think everyone know I "could" be bisexual, so it doesn't bother me that much.
    But for genderfluid: I'm only using they/them and I was going to do a badge for it, but anyway my parents wouldn't understand...
    But thanks !! ^^

4. juxlia

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    You should try to educate your parents! If they have a better understanding of non-binary genders, I'm sure they would be much more understanding :slight_smile: