1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come out as loving Bears

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by deadmau5ftw, Sep 11, 2013.

1. deadmau5ftw

I do not think liking bears is shameful, whatsoever. I would never be ashamed of admitting who I find attractive. I just don't know how to say it. I haven't come out at all, so I just don't know what people's reaction will be. I don't care about the random people's reaction will be; just my parents reactions.

2. Sardonic

To clarify. I meant it to be humorous. I wasn't trying to imply anything with the statement. Really. I have an off-beat sense of humor and it came across the wrong way. I don't have any personal preference on the subject, for that matter. I was more playing against a perceived worry that a more conventional, traditionalist person may not feel comfortable having it explained to them as bears/etc or w/e. I really didn't intend it as actual advice or any type of accurate/meaningful statement. sorry. :C

3. AKTodd

Hm. Sounds like you now know where to go for your 21st birthday party/visit to a bar when you're legal trip:thumbsup:

As far as 'coming out' about your attractions - it's totally up to you and the context. You can be as straightforward about it or not as you choose. If just flat out saying 'I like bears' feels like too much, then maybe come at it in pieces (I really like hairy chests, I like hairy guys, I like big guys, etc.).

After a while it gets to be much easier to be open about what you like and you find yourself being much more casual about it (Me? I'm into bears, man. Why do yo ask?).

Hope this helps,

Todd

4. PyroSpark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, I like bears too (only type I'm into) but you really don't have to say what kinda of dude you like to your parents. xD And to your friends, it'll be obvious eventually.

Not even in the slightest. Body hair is a secondary effect of testosterone. So it's literally manly. :lol: Nothing wrong with girls who are comfortable in their own skin but happen to be hairy, though. (which I'm sure is what you were getting at)

#24 PyroSpark, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  5. Pat

Pat

Lol. Yeahhhh, I think that's the beauty of it. The look on my mom's face when I bring a guy around is priceless. She doesn't know if it's a friend or more. There are a lot of guys who like bears apparently, I just can't find them in GA lol.. I think if your "type" comes up in chit chatter, then it'd be cool to have someone to share the info with, but I do that with a very limited amount of people. None of which are straight. I don't like to talk about those kinds of things and honestly, I couldn't narrow my type of guy down if I wanted to. If I had nothing to go off of other than a picture, 8 times out of 10, he's going to be a twink. If a guy strikes me with confidence in public, I adapt to however he looks.

6. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Hasn't a high level of testosterone actually been identified as a cause of hair loss among men? At least, in terms of losing head hair, not sure about hair in other locations.

7. PyroSpark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wouldn't be surprised. Big, hairy, men who are still bald are extremely common lol.

8. deadmau5ftw

haha yes I do! Only 5 more years :lol:

I personally think I will end up just being straightforward, I feel like it will be easier, but I will definitely see what feels comfortable though.

Thanks Todd! :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 12th Sep 2013 at 10:51 PM ----------

It's a good thing they are :thumbsup: I think guys who are bald, with facial hair are really attractive.

9. PyroSpark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ---------- Post added 12th Sep 2013 at 10:51 PM ----------

Hell yeah. I prefer hair on the head, but a lotta guys look badass with it.

10. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Either way it's a rather dubious and potentially offensive statement.

11. PyroSpark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think we can agree that chest hair is as masculine as boobs are feminine. :lol: Don't look for things to be offended by. A lot of people get easily caught up in that.

12. Linthras

Linthras Guest

It is offensive, as it implies that men without chest hair are not men and women with small or no breasts aren't women.
    I'm not offended, I'm merely pointing out it's offensive to others.

13. PyroSpark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't mean offense to those who don't. Don't take it so seriously. :lol:

#33 PyroSpark, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  14. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Whether you mean it or not, won't change that it does. I'm taking it seriously because statements like these actually hurt people, whether you intend it or not.

15. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

Guys, let's keep this conversation on track. This thread was started to ask for help with coming out as liking bears, not to discuss the merits of masculine men vs, non-masculine men (goodness knows we don't need another one of those threads).

All I'll say on the topic is that intent is not magic: if you step on someone's foot accidentally and break their toe, you probably didn't intend to, but their toe is still broken. Similarly, if you offend someone, the fact that you didn't intend to is not a get-out-of-jail-free card. You still said something offensive, and you have to own up to that the way you'd own up breaking that person's toe.