1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

College/University plans

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Alexander, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Alexander

Hey guys, girls, and all the rest, long time no see. :]

I was curious what all my seniors decided for the fall. Where did you end up choosing, and what are you going to study?

I'm going to be going to Bard College to study oboe performance and an undecided second degree which is required of all conservatory students. Should be fun. If anyone's going to be in the area, hit me up. :]

2. theJosephDean

Well, I'm about a year late for this, but I'll give the plans I chose anyway xDD

I ended up choosing East TN State. Majoring in mathematics, minoring in secondary education, Japanese, and computer science. My program of study currently consists of five years (one down! :slight_smile:) and a couple of summers in between to get everything done with. I'll hopefully be graduating with over 210 hours x.x

On top of pretty much nineteen hours of class a week, I also tutor math courses for our school's Student Support Services about thirteen hours a week. Sooo I seem to have to schedule in time to even breathe :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It's a lot of fun though, and it's definitely a challenge. Not something I'll regret in the future. :3 Unsure of any graduate school plans, but that's ages away ^_^

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga Guest

I plan on going to University of Akron or Kent State University and studying Accounting.

But I plan on doing accounting long enough to repay student loans, and to pay for me to go back to college to study astronomy and cosmology, then I would love to move somewhere where I can do that and accounting.

<3

4. theJosephDean

I took two Astronomy classes this past year to cover my science general education requirement... *shudder* =/ No bueno. Teacher was amazing, but her tests... buhhh.

5. Steve712

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wub astronomy and cosmology.

I'm not a senior, but I'm considering going to either McGill, the RCM (a music conservatory in Toronto) or Queens, among others. I will probably major in music (my music teacher said that I could easily obtain a scholarship, possibly even a full one) and minor in English and History (the history bit would focus upon Classics). I may choose to major in one of the other two listed fields, but either way those three will be my focuses.

#5 Steve712, Jun 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  6. jazzrawr

I was going to go to Wilfrid Laurier University, to study Archaeology. But sadly, I have absolutely zero funds. So, I'm staying home for a year, working full-time and then going next fall.
    I don't really want to stay home, but I don't exactly have a choice.

7. Kirakishou

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign along with half of my school... :dry:
    I'm studying linguistics. And combining it with that fancy certificate in translation studies. :slight_smile:

8. NickT

Bradley University in Peoria, IL, studying Computer Information Systems with a minor in game programming/design :grin:

9. Taurusguy92

idk wat I"m gonna study. But I'm going to UCLA!!!!!!!

10. Stuie

I'll hopefully go to Australian National University and do what's called a Bachelor of Philosophy there, which is a really awesome science degree with a focus on research. Also within that, I can keep doing music, which is another thing I want to be doing. Unfortunately, ANU is in Canberra, which is basically a country town as well as being capital of Australia, but I'll be living on campus, which should be fun. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. starfish

I so wanted to go there, because that is where NCSA is. Alas, I never really planned how to pay for, get into and go to college. So I ended up going to the local state university.

12. Totoro

University of Toronto- I am planning to go to psych for a year, and see how it goes from there. To be honest i only took psych to get INTO the university. I have many ideas as to what i want to do. Minor in music, major in a life science... things like that- though my ideas are too broad, and they need to be more specific due to the specificness of university courses >_>

13. VampConspiracy

I plan on going to some community college for a couple of years for transition, then move on to some state college, majoring in computer science. I can't tell you where though - I'm even more careful on this forum than on others.

14. Nodnarb

I'm a year late on this too, but I decided on Iowa State University (or, to be more official, The Iowa State University of Science and Technology) in Ames, Iowa. My first choice was Washington University in St. Louis, but the money it was going to cost was flat out terrifying. ISU isn't exactly an unique choice (16,000 of our 22,000 undergrads are from Iowa...). My class was fairly evenly split amongst Iowa State, U of Iowa, U of Nebraska, Iowa Western CC, Northwest Missouri State, and then everybody who decided to go far away or to some random small school. But I-State is a very good public school at about 1/3 the cost of Washington.

I was originally majoring in architecture, but I realized that was the wrong choice for me. I haven't declared a new major, but I'm leaning toward accounting.

15. Inhuman

well personally I'm going to go into psychology. I don't know where yet . . . I want to be a therapist. Take miserable people and make them less miserable. Maybe somewhere here in winnipeg. It's good i don't have to make up my mind for another 2 years though :slight_smile: