1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closeted dating advice

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by jddjones19, Sep 21, 2018.

1. jddjones19

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am 18, bi, female and now I have a crush on a girl in my class. I think she may be gay but I do not know her orientation. What do I do? I am not out to anyone and too scared despite knowing I will be accepted.

Love4Ever likes this.
  2. Jude B

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm... This is tough for someone like me to answer, because I'm still partially closeted. I'm out to my friends, but not my family. I know I wouldn't be accepted if I brought a girlfriend home and told them that she was my girlfriend. So, I've never had the courage to seek out a girlfriend.

Maybe you could talk to this girl, maybe ask her about her orientation somehow? That way, you wouldn't have to come out yet if you aren't comfortable but also figure out whether "you have a chance" so to speak.

Love4Ever likes this.
  3. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That is a hard one. If you don't know what her orientation is, the only real way is to ask her directly. Dating in the closet is very difficult if one of you is at a further stage than the other. My personal experience was that they couldn't deal with being hidden again. If she does like women then you need to be upfront with her about your situation and see if she is willing to accept it.

The first step in this is finding out the answer about her. Is that something you are comfortable asking?

Love4Ever and Limiteded like this.