1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cis gender…Or nah?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Omnis Leevene, Sep 3, 2022.

?

Am I cis-gender?

1. Cis

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Transgender

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Genderfluid

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Bigender/pangender

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Agender

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Tomboy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Non-binary/non-conforming

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Same in my case. Initially it was an incredible feeling, and it made me feel like I haven't experienced true happiness ever before and that made me become depressed.

I had no idea about gender dysphoria or euphoria or even the term transgender was something I had never heard before this.

chicodeoro likes this.
  2. Omnis Leevene

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Even if I do feel detached from my gender assigned at birth to an extend, I want to make sure that I am not overthinking things, just in case.
    By the way, I joined an ️‍ ️‍⚧️ group recently, and I decided to go by he/they pronouns and use a masculine name, but thank you for those who shared their experience with me.

Mihael and Rayland like this.
  3. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good luck. I hope things work out for you and I'm sure you will figure yourself out eventually. Please do keep us updated on how it goes, if you wish to.

Mihael likes this.
  4. Omnis Leevene

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I searched on gender wiki and I think I am probably trigenderflux (male, librafeminine and girlflux, but since girlflux sort of includes librafeminine, so I can also be bigenderflux), but I am just considering that I may be this.

I guess it’s me not being too pressured of presenting as my ASAB one reason that I’ve considered myself of being cis. Very mild gender dysphoria is another reason. However, I do experience gender euphoria, the only times that I got ‘sir’ were on telephones, and whenever people call me ‘she’ I just feel I am not a girl. I also imagine that I have body parts of the opposite sex, which makes me euphoric.

Nonetheless, I am only about 16 years old, and in high school everyone sees as a girl. Recently three boys were talking about girls our class, and one of them said that I look very adorable. It is also notable that men are portrayed as emotionless and friendless in gender stereotypes, which is me, but most guys I know are very extroverted and talkative. They are very athletic as well, while I am just a fragile person. Since the male part made up a large proportion of my gender identity, I don’t know what to do. I don’t relate to most guys around me (although it’s the same for girls, so it’s a kind of canceled each other out), so I always feel like that I am a fake trans person, or is it that I am only a trans person in my imagination, whereas I am still a female, or maybe librafeminine in reality? idk I am very confused and this is the issue.

The majority of my schoolmates are not very friendly to lgbt people. They are just a bunch of straight cis people trying to poke fun at other people using lgbt terms. For example, I think that there’s a video on YouTube, whose topic is ‘Why are you Gay?’, which boys make fun of it and say that they are gay, though I am pretty sure that they’re not gay. Moreover, there’s a person in our class, who’s more of a colleague than a friend to me and is literally the only person that I can share my crazy ideas with, and he is anti-lgbt rights! He said he’s not going to tease people for being lgbt, but he insisted that ‘lgbt should not go on parade and brainwash other teenagers’! He’s also anti-non-binary by saying that there are only two genders, male and female, and he’s anti-toilet rights as well.

Worst of all, the GSA group that I joined was not allowed to register as a formal club since the club teacher was afraid that parents may see that their children are in it. Plus, that guy whom I mentioned joined this club, and said that he and his crony decided to ‘destroy the GSA by being spies’! He even thought that I’d help him. Perhaps I should tell on him?

I have mixed feelings about being trans*. If my classmates ever know that I am not cis, they’ll probably be like ‘Hey, this adorable girl is wanting to be a guy!’’. Furthermore, after I grow up, many things are going to difficult for me being non-binary. I agree with Mihael that nothing is worse than denial in the closet, but coming out does have a risk. I guess that I may just live under my ASAB for my entire life… It does have a difference with being a cis woman, but people won’t know about it.