1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ciao / Hello from Italy

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by A Republican, Sep 16, 2016.

1. A Republican

A Republican Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi, I am an Italian student living in the Emilia-Romagna region. As a gay man I am considered by foreign friends as a ’curious little animal’ with a quirky personality given my orientation combined with my outspoken political beliefs and activism for free speech. While I wouldn’t call myself a free speech ‘activist’ too literally, I’ve delivered speeches on that subject very passionately providing a European perspective and some glowing admiration on America’s First Amendment.

I’m humorous, obnoxious and rebellious and enjoy going out at night with my friends, then ditching them halfway through to flirt with some guy who catches my attention. Most of the time I’m pretty serious and enjoy debating anyone over a beer, whatever the subject may be, provided I’m well equipped with facts and research from reliable sources.

My hobbies are plentiful, and I generally love sports, particularly badminton (nothing to do with the shuttlecock) and football (although half my interest in the latter sport is the perks of what I get to see in the changing rooms), gaming on the internet, studying (n00t) and just hanging out. I also work out often in the gym, although I still haven’t got the gym body I want.

WHY I JOINED EMPTYCLOSETS
    I joined emptyclosets because it seems like a pretty cool spot for LGBTQ peeps to hang out in, talk, share stories and feel accepted. I am openly gay to everyone except my family, which I plan on coming out to in several months, although I keep postponing so much it will probably never happen at all. A really close friend of mine (FWB – can’t get any closer than that ^_^) came out to his mother and let’s say it went very badly for him. Not that he was kicked out, but her daily pestering and exclamations made him rue the day he went for it. In Italy, homosexuality isn’t looked at positively, especially from the perspective of the older generation.

Another reason I joined is that I was feeling really down lately after the unexpected death of my pooch who became very sick in the middle of the night, and died within several hours. I know he was a dog, but I feel super guilty for not spending more time with him.

While we're at it, I'm also a huge fan of the inclusive Log Cabin Republicans and I partly chose my username because I couldn't think of anything else.

TL;DR version:
    Hi, I’m a conservative gay guy and I type too damn much. :smilewave

2. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi, A Republican! Welcome to EC!:slight_smile:

3. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Benvenuto! Welcome! :smilewave

My grandmother and uncle and auntie live in Italy. My mother was born and raised in Milan.
    I go to visit my family, in Italy, at least once every year. I am out to them. They have been accepting :thumbsup:

4. alexandr

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome to the forum! :slight_smile: