1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christan and major anxiety over sexuality

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ECMember, Oct 20, 2018.

1. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Zach is not any XA staff member, but he his sort of a de facto co small group leader in my small group.Anyway, he is a Conservative White evangelical. He is conservative and does have his own views towards LGBT+ people. He does not hold any official XA staff role, he is not a pastor or small group leader. Zach stepped down as a small group leader last fall, when he sort of had displayed lust. He didn't have sex with women in Chi Alpha , but he had been browsing pick-up artist websites of trying date/hook up with women. So Zach is not perfect by any means.

And also I have a friend in my small group that's liberal like me named Seth. He's new to the faith in general and wasn't religious growing up. He does have mental health issues such as my self and did have some bullying issues in school prior to college and he has a sister that has chronic mental illness I believe. Zach has been an older brother figure to Seth in some regards and he is there when he's feeling down.

Also Zach did agree with that it was messed up what Bolsonaro(the guy that's President-elect in Brazil) said if he had a gay son, he rather him die in a car accident. So Zach isn't hateful in the terms of a Westboro Baptist Church membe or a far-right White Christian identity group member.

And I am not out to anyone in Chi Alpha, but I'm feeling like maybe I should bring it up eventually. I graduated and I'm only coming to Chi Alpha during this period is because Zach invited me. I do attend church at the UMC(United Methodist Church) and it's welcoming and the vibe feelings like it. I'm one of the few non-White people under 40 that attend it, and I can live with it.

2. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I can't post on anyone's wall(it's a long story), but how do you reconcile your faith and sexuality. I mean I'm still trying to figure out if I'm bi or bi curious or what. I mean I haven't had any form of sex with anyone since April 2016. And I've been just on a "hook up app" just chatting with dudes and talking and maybe plan to meet up but don't. Plus I have this anxiety and stuff from being in Chi Alpha and slowly getting involved in a bit more (progressive) church that I attend called the United Methdosit Church.

I mean only God is the only that decides who is in heaven or not, not man. I mean the greatest commandment in the Bible, is to your love you neighbor as yourself.

I mean I don't know if you did hook ups or what while figuring your sexuality out man. Just want some feedback. Thanks.

3. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks

4. KarenLyn

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be true to yourself is to be who you really are. If you're not true to yourself, than everything around you is a lie. Sexuality isn't something you can switch off and on, you are who you are. With that said, I don't believe our creator(s) make mistakes when we're born, we are who we are supposed to be.

5. ECMember

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I got a question for the mod/expert @PatrickUK. Is it even against Jesus's teaching to explore one's sexuality or confusion over it. I didn't really explore my sexuality in my teenage years. It was until I was 24 I did anything sexual with someone. I mean what St. Paul says in his letters I feel some fear that I'm condeming myself but I look at the Gospels and I feel that Jesus loves all. I mean you know what I mean, I get these contradictions in the Bible.