1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chest/ Breast Dysphoria on a Cis Girl?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by grungeteen, Oct 12, 2015.

1. grungeteen

I think I'm probably cisgender (I haven't really thought much about my gender as I'm just too caught up in sexuality).

Is it normal for a cis girl to have kind of 'dysphoria' about her chest/ breasts?

I hate my breasts but I'm lucky to have inherited pretty small ones in comparison to other girls but I still am so self conscious about them. I don't like them showing or sticking out, I would do anything to be flat chested. When I look in the mirror, if my breasts are visible, I look so foreign and I feel uncomfortable and I don't want to go out or let anyone see them, even my own family. This is why I don't wear a bra as they are so much more visible when I do. I don't understand why I feel this way- when I see myself with breasts, I don't look normal to me. Flat chested = me. When I think about having breasts and them showing like pretty much evetpry other girl, I just get uncomfortable and this weird feeling I can't explain. I usually just wear a loose camisole to cover it up. Im lucky my breasts aren't any bigger than they are.
    I'm considering binding to help cover them up more but I don't know if it'll be too uncomfortable.

Is this normal for a cis girl? Is it dysphoria or am I just self conscious? It just seems like every other girl my age wishes they had bigger boobs and they love them and make them visible and noticable while I just want to hide and cover mine up?

2. Creativemind

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not unusual at all. I know many cis women who hate their boobs and want them smaller- the only thing making you trans is wanting to be a man. Remember women can be flat chested too.

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually think feeling like you're supposed to have a completely flat chest is unusual for cis women. What you're describing sounds like dysphoria to me, so it is possible that you could be trans and/or nonbinary. If you choose to continue identifying as female, that's totally valid too, but I think this would "qualify" you to identify as trans and/or nonbinary.

4. InfinityonHigh

I don't want to invalidate you, but I don't think you're cis. I actually have the same exact feeling you have and I'm a trans guy. Like, "you-just-read-my-mind" kind of relatable. What you said sounds like gender dysphoria, but there's a very slim chance that it's body dysmorphic disorder.
    You can be a woman and be flat chested, there's no "requirements" to being one, but I suggest you think more about your gender. You mentioned you haven't thought much about your gender? Cis is not the default, despite what society tells you. Would you want to be seen as something other than female? If there were no other consequences, would you want to wake up and be seen as something other than female? (male or non-binary)

5. I AM MEOW

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would do a lot of thinking if we're you, this could be gender dysphoria, or it could be something else. I have heard of cis girls being generally unhappy with their boobs, for example, before I knew that trans was a thing, I looked up 'how to make boobs smaller' or something, and I came across an article about the psychological side of poor self esteem in adolescent girls, and one of the things that was mentioned was that many girls had some kind of mental link between being and adults and having boobs. There is a very likely chance this was a BS article, as it was three A.M. and I was on the fifth page on the Google search or something ridiculous like that. But basically don't jump to conclusions without a lot of thinking first.

6. Null

To be honest, I think it's pretty uncommon for cis girls to want to have a flat chest. The only ones I've known of, hated their breasts because they were too big.
    Disliking your chest is a common thing in gender dysphoria, but maybe there are cis girls who dislike theirs too? You should ask a cis girl, imo.

7. lizard88

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't think wanting a flat chest makes you trans. I have the same issue, I feel like a freak when my breasts show, but completely identify as female. I've had a lot of body image issues, but I don't think there is anything wrong with you. Some girls love having huge boobs, it makes sense that other girls want no boobs at all.

I'm a personal trainer, and I've found that lifting weights has helped my boobs get smaller. I went from a 34A to a 30AA in about 6 months, and am much happier. I know they won't completely go away without surgery, but losing weight and doing a lot of upper body strength training will help. Pec flys, bench presses, and medicine ball throws in particular are good.

Hope everything works out for you!

beenthrdonetht likes this.
  8. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on the bigger picture. I know many women who wish their breasts were smaller. I don't know if many would wish the breasts to be non-existent, probably that's rare. See how everything in general develops, then you'll see. If it's just the chest and nothing else abou being a girl that you feel off about, then you're probably cis. Some cis women bind and/or don't like their breasts and showing them. It does not neccesarily make you trans. But at this point and given this amount of information, it's impossible to tell.

9. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can be a girl who's dysphoric. There's nothing wrong with that, you can be whoever you want and if you're uncomfortable with your chest but don't feel you're a boy or need transition, then you do that.

There are plenty of people with dysphoria who aren't transgender, don't worry about if it's normal or not.

Ladyjackal likes this.
  10. intherye

My girlfriend has dysphoria about her breasts and is cis. But she does have an eating disorder, obviously I don't want to elaborate on that on here but I'm sure that causes her particular chest dysphoria. OF COURSE I'm not suggesting you have an eating disorder, there's absolutely nothing you've said to suggest you do and it's none of my business anyway. I suppose what I'm trying to say is that cis women can have discomfort about their breasts, but perhaps it's worth considering if there's a specific reason in your case. I liked what someone said earlier about cis not being the default though; you could casually think a bit about your gender, and if gender thoughts persist, you might well be trans.

Also, I identify as trans and have absolutely zero dysphoria about my privates, so like, dysphoria or lack there of about specific body parts doesn't necessarily mean anything at all about your gender.

11. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Hmm......
    I've honestly never heard of this before, but that's not to say it's not impossible. Perhaps you're non-binary? I doubt that you're FtM, simply because you seem quite sure that you are cis. Of course I'm not saying that's a certainty.

And of course, perhaps that's just the way you are, and the way you want to look. There's nothing wrong with that either :slight_smile:

My suggestion would be (if you can), get a binder and see if that settles your discomfort. If you're still bothered, I'd look into perhaps the idea you're trans in some way.

Best wishes <3

12. MS001

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm actually doing a project on chest binding right now. Generally people who bind their chest have 2 X chromosomes but present their gender in a wide range of ways. There are people who identify as Cis women, butch women, trans men, bois, etc etc etc. how you want to identify is up to you!

If you want to start binding, you should read up on the ways to do it safely. It can cause pain or discomfort and it is recommended that you don't bind 24/7.

13. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think it is as uncommon as some people think. Certainly not common, but not uncommon either.

I know a handful of cis-girls who bind, and I know more than a handful who hate their breasts but not enough to do anything beyond getting a reduction. What makes then cis and not trans/non-binary is that they are 100% comfortable with everything else female from their bodies to their gender roles and expression.

If binding makes you comfortable then bind. And if somewhere down the road you begin to question your gender then we're here to help you with that as well.

Ladyjackal likes this.
  14. Deserae

I realized that this is an old thread, but I could totally relate to you, I am now 28 years of age, and a busted 58 DDD and I would love to get rid of allllll of it, I wouldn't mind being a flat chested Pans, woman! (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!):smilewave:smilewave

15. funlife

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I a cis female and had a reduction from DD to B cup, really wanted to be A / AA but surgeon seemed apprehensive. I bind now because my objective from the start was a flat chest in clothes. I like the look of clothes on models and wanted the clothes to hang the same way.

16. Ladyjackal

Ladyjackal Guest

Girl I'm in the same position. Except that I'm almost 18 this year... And completely sure about my gender.i.e girl(straight) it is normal at least to me...and I have also seen comments on YT by girls who wanna stay girls as well as be flat chested.. I seriously hate boobs and want to be completely flat. My mom says I will "grow out of it" but I'm sure I won't. I told a classmate (she's busty)and she was you're mad or what ?!
    It's normal .. just like it's normal for men to have boobs(moobs) it should be normal for women to be flat chested as well.