1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Checking in...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ushiromiya Red, Feb 10, 2023.

1. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello all, just checking in. Sorry I haven't been around a lot this past week or so. To be honest, I've been busy with a lot of things like swimming practice (I know right, me swimming), went to a dance event called Night to Shine that's held here all over the United States.

Basically it's a special event for people with disabilities and they're the stars of the evening. They give you a date buddy to accompany you. And it's pretty nice. Yeah I had a nice time at the event. I got all dressed up in my dress shirt, suit jacket, dark jeans, and dress shoes. It was my first time going to an event like that since I've transitioned. So being seen and gendered correctly was nice. Wearing a suit and stuff was very affirming...so there's that.

I've also been doing some activism to try to protest anti-Lgbt bills in my state the week before last. So that was a thing as well as my usual things I do in a week.

Mental health wise, I've been all over the map. Last night I was angry upon finding out some more anti LGBT things my state's governor has planned. And I've been trying to figure out how to deal with all that as well as keeping myself half way sane. I'm trying to make the most of my time left in this state before I move.

The saving has been going well...been trying to make changes and cut out some unnecessary things to save a few bucks. I'm trying to figure out how I'm gonna actually pull the move off but trying to take it one day at a time.

Lastly I deleted my account on this social media app.. It was a buggy ass glitch fest and it was so ad infested (even with the premium subscription). I decided enough was enough and I'm tired of wasting money for something that doesn't work right half the time anyways. So yeah, it's an adjustment but I think it will benefit me in the long run. That's kinda where I'm at at the moment.

2. Incoming

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Don't hesitate to put yourself first, at least until you achieve some of your personal goals. Periodic burn out is normal when it comes to activism. Glad to see you're making progress on your plans to *move*.

There's no shame in making use of Goodwill or second-hand items. More cash in your pcoket means less stress and more choices in the next phase of your life. (But when it's your "Night to Shine", you gotta make the most of it...)

3. Ushiromiya Red

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I will participate in rallies as they come across my radar if I have the spoons to do so. Lately though sometimes, I feel like I've been doing a bit too much and I'm gonna try to slow down somewhat for awhile. That way I can avoid a complete burnout. I went through a bad period of burnout awhile back and it wasn't pretty. I'm close to one now but I think I can avoid it if I'm careful.

You're absolutely right. A lot of my t-shirts/clothes and other things have come from Goodwill and other thrift stores. I have no problem hitting up a thrift store for furniture, clothes or other items. There isn't anything wrong with that indeed. I've been collecting items to take to donate to a consignment shop so I can earn more moneys that way. I'm working on it slowly but surely. Thank you for taking the time to reply btw.