1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chat Room Moderators

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Paul_UK, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Jim1454 and Steam Giant have kindly agreed to be EC chat room moderators. Both are regular chat room members so already know how things work in there. They have the authority to warn chat room users if they are doing anything inappropriate, and if necessarily to eject them from the chat room.

They can also monitor the chat logs, including private chats. They would not generally read them in detail but will skim through looking for anything untoward.

For clarification, they do not have moderator powers in the forum, just in the chat room. They do have access to a private discussion area with the forum mods and admins however, which is where any problems or issues in the chat room would be discussed.

Please join me in welcoming them to this, and thanking them for their help. :thumbsup:

2. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations Jim and Steam!

I am sure you'll do well. As a chat room user this affects me personally and I'll see the results. I am glad you're the new mods (I sincerely hope you don't kick anyone out)

3. xxAngelOnFirexx

i haven't been in there for a while since when i go no one is talking. but congrats!

4. No day butoday

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats on the moddishthing :grin:
    I don't use the chatroom because my browser always closes when I try, but I'll check it out when I'm on a friend's computer :wink:

5. CrimsonThunder

Congrats!

I didn't know chat moderators could read the private convos... Scary -.-

6. Grof142007

7. TriBi

^^ hehe - well, hopefully no-one has any reason to be scared.

As Paul says, no-one is going to be reading peoples convos in detail.

I have been having a quick look at the chat log myself every couple of days - and all I do (and all anyone would have time to do) is to scroll quickly down looking for unexpected names (why would non EC members be there?) and just keeping an eye open for any odd word that might indicate a discussion that could in some way be unwanted/inappropriate.

This isn't about intruding on peoples privacy - but we do have some young people here - and it's an unfortunate fact that the cyberworld does includes some folk with very wrong motives.

EC is listed as (and always has been so far) "a safe place to chat". Because we want it to stay that way it makes sense to have a couple of the popular stalwarts of the chat room keeping an eye out for anything that doesn't seem right. :slight_smile:

8. wtinal

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I didn't know there could be private convos.

Thanks - Jim1454 and Steam Giant - for taking on the responsibility of helping to insure safety for us here! :eusa_clap

9. Steam Giant

Thanks for the words of congratulations, everyone! I'm very proud for this opportunity to give back to this wonderful community! And trust me, if I had the free time to read everybody's private conversations, I'd have a thousand better, more productive uses for that time, hehe! The logs are only there to ensure that nobody abuses the chatroom or its members, so EC can remain a safe haven for everyone ^^

10. Kimi

Congratulations to you!!!!!!! Jim1454 and Steam Giant(!) (!) (!)
    I don't use there as much as I used to but I'll check there once in while...

I'm sure you guys make great mods:thumbsup: :smilewave :slight_smile:

11. CrimsonThunder

Its strange because the other day I was talking to a person on a nother forum in the chat room because my msn wouldn't work and hes gay but no one knows... Now the chat moderators on that site do. :frowning2:

I think its a good idea tho, definately.

12. TriBi

^ Well - that depends on the particular set up on that other site's chat room.

They don't all work the same you know. The one we had before didn't have the facility to check - it's just that as EC gets more popular, and being the type of site it is, we wanted to be sure we could try and keep it "safe" for everyone.

Of course, that "safety" also depends on the members letting us know of anything that might be a problem as well. I think everyone here is pretty protective of the sort of place this has become - and so would tell us pretty quickly - I certainly hope so.

13. CrimsonThunder

I'm in the chat room right now UnderARock was just in there but left as i came in. :frowning2:

I don't smell that bad. >_>

But srsly come in ppl its a cool chat room!

14. 24601

The chat room is fun, I just recently started going there. Congrats you two.