1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't wait to meet everyone here!

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Marukawa, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Marukawa

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everybody,

I'm cecile. This is my first time on EC and I can't wait to meet everyone and interact. I came out to myself for the first time in 2014. I'm out to most people in my family and I was out to most people who knew me at school. I had some rough experiences when I first started dating because some girls didn't believe me. I've never found a queer community where I felt like I really belonged. Worse than that, I came out later in life and doing so hasn't resolved some of the questions I still have about my sexuality. I carry a great deal of shame, in particular, about the fact that I came out so late. I'm even ashamed that sometimes I still have feelings for men. Nothing seems clear cut.

I want to find a place where I can be myself without judgment and expectations. I want to show who I truly am....all of my colors, so to speak. I'm a really politically-active person, always striving to create freedom for oppressed people. I love reading (biographies, history, memoirs); dancing; watching BL anime and c-dramas. I'm a huge foodie and cooking new recipes is one of my favorite things (just bought my first cookbook and Im bout to be so bossy!). I'm into theater and movies; I love hip hop, pop, R&B, and jazz. I like live music but I never get to concerts because of school/work. I've been a runner for 11 years and I've been doing hot yoga for 7 years. I studied history and economics; just graduated and I'm a researcher at a university now.

I'm a home-body and I have a pretty dark personality (à la "the end of human civilization is upon us and I'm here for this shyt") or think... "Lights are out" videos. Anyways, I hope some of ya'll hmu.

Because I be geekin' out - Here is one of my favorite paintings:
    [​IMG]
    (Chardin, Soap Bubbles)

2. LostInDaydreams

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

What areas of history did you study?

3. Rayland

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello and welcome to EC! :slight_smile: We like a lot of the same things. Nice to meet you.

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cecile…..Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile:There are a number of sub-forums here on EC...why don't you check them out and then feel free to join in the conversations! This is a safe community of loving, caring and very supportive people and we will do our best to help you blend into the community. You can ask questions in any of the Sub-forums by creating a new thread or by joining in a conversation-thread that is already going. You can also post a message on anyone's Profile Page after you have made at least ten posts yourself. If you have a question that is somewhat private you can always send a Private Message to any Staff Member. Normally Private Messages can only be exchanged between two Full Members, but a PM to a Staff Member is an exception. :old_wink:We are so glad that you have found us here on Empty Closets! :old_big_grin:
    …..David :gay_pride_flag:

#4 quebec, Jan 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  5. Elli7

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello Cecile, welcome :slight_smile: