1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cant seem to message a staff memeber?

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by RoseChan00, Jun 30, 2017.

1. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When i jpined EC,like i assume eveeyone did, i got a PM which had a list of staff members, and links to message them. However, When i click on any of the links, it just brings me to a new tab, and reseta my settings to the mobile version of the site

I am on mobile, But, i request the desktop version of the site. I have tried using the links in mobile mode but again, it just opens a new tab to the EC homepage. was i somehow misunderstanding the message or is ot currently broken or what?

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey I'm not a member of staff but I wonder if it is broken because of the site upgrade. Have you tried searching for their profile and messageing them that way?

3. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I assumed this would be the case but neither of us are staff so i'm not saying that's the case, for sure. I have not actually tried to message their profiles but,i really do NOT want to put it somewhere where anyone could potentially read it. plus im really not sure what i have to say quite yet, i was jsut trying to see if it worked before i started working on my message offline (As i want to minimize typos for that)

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On the forums homepage on the right hand side about half way down there is a bit that tells you which staff members are online, if you click on their name it brings up the little black box and one of the options on there is 'start a conversation' which is what used to be a private message I believe so that wouldn't be open to the public to see. You can also post in ask the staff I think.

5. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey,

As silverhalo has mentioned, the links will now be broken for that old PM as you received this message during EC Classic, which contains the PM links under vBulletin's system. Unfortunately, the migration wasn't able to convert these links automatically due to the unique differences between the platforms, which is why any new members registering at the moment are not receiving that Welcome PM template which you did. The links for it need manually updating to reflect our new platform - it isn't a case of the mobile skin causing this problem.

What you can do is access the Staff page from here: https://forum.emptyclosets.com/index.php?members/&type=staff
    Find the staff member you want to contact, and then click 'Start a Conversation'. That will allow you to contact them. :slight_smile:

6. RoseChan00

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you! I'll be sure to bookmark the page.