1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Make it to Pride

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kkou, Jun 3, 2018.

1. kkou

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can't make it to Pride this year, but I really want to celebrate! A lot of my friends back home are going and I wish I could go with them (I haven't come out to them though, so I'd have to do that first.) There isn't an equivalent in my country because it's illegal to be homosexual here (which, of course, makes me want to go to Pride even more.) I will be in the U.S. for a bit this summer, but not until after the 4th of July because I'm out of school on the 5th.
    Any advice on how I can celebrate? Do you know of any Pride events in July (after pride month...)

tl;dr: Can't make it to Pride and won't be able to next year, either. I live in a country where it's technically illegal to be homosexual. How can I celebrate?

2. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, this is an unusual idea I guess, and I can't take credit for having come up with it because I've seen other people on the net doing it, but I thought a few days ago it would be fun if Pride month had like an advent calendar thing. You know, like the thing you do at Christmas where you do something seasonal every day of the month leading up to the 25th? So maybe you could do something, not necessarily every day, but maybe every week or when you have time, that is LGB related. So for me I am going to watch a lot of movies with LGB characters that I've been meaning to watch. Or you could read a book with queer characters, or listen to music by a queer artist. Maybe even bake a rainbow cake or make rainbow friendship bracelets lol. Honestly I think you can make Pride whatever you need and want it to be to fit your needs and your specific situation. It could be as subtle as "liking" any positive support pages online or on social media. Anything you do really makes a big difference. :slight_smile: And of course there are plenty of people on here who I am sure would be happy to celebrate with you in spirit however we can.

3. kkou

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
  4. DRobs

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay