1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I go out with a guy if I might not be into him?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by flitterpad, May 13, 2018.

1. flitterpad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So. There's this guy I've been out with twice. The first time I thought I was into him, but the second time not so much and I actually got the chills and a really uncomfortable feeling when I considered kissing him that made me wonder if I might be a lesbian because then that feeling extended to all guys. We haven't been out for ages but now he's asked me out again. I don't want to lead him on when I might not like him (especially since we don't seem to have much in common), and I don't want to make myself feel uncomfortable. However I still feel like this is an opportunity to explore my sexuality... like, whats the worse thing that can happen if I go out with him one more time? Also I know if I am a lesbian my parents would accept me more if they knew I had already been out with guys and it would just make everything easier and faster. My friends say he's objectively very attractive- one of my friends, who is a lesbian, said that any straight girl would be into him. I know everyone has preferences so that's kind of silly but still. What should I do?

2. Humbly Me

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you don't like him just tell him you didn't see the relationship going anywhere.

If you want to keep seeing how it goes noone will stop you. You might really like him after spending more time together but maybe not.

kkou likes this.
  3. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with this. There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying it out and going on one outing with him. Straight people do this all the time, so I don't see anything wrong with it. You can always say that you don't think it will work out if you find you don't have feelings for him and not go out again. Or if you like him enough you could still be friends. You won't lose anything by trying.

Hyrule Wayfarer and flitterpad like this.
  4. Biguy45

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don’t see why not. As long as you don’t lead him on. I had entire relationships with women I wasn’t intobwhen I was younger. Just gave to be honest

flitterpad likes this.
  5. flitterpad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you! Okay that advice is actually very helpful

Love4Ever likes this.