1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out today

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by Altruistic blue, May 21, 2017.

1. Altruistic blue

Today I decided to come out to my mom. We just sat in the living room watching a show together and something just propelled me to go out and say it to her. I told her to pause the show, then I just simply stated that I was bisexual. Then I told her that in detail, I was biromantic demisexual. The conversation didn't last for very long after that, as she asked for time to process it, but I feel so liberated, like I've gotten this heavy weight off my chest.

I've been easing this sexuality talk to her for about a week now, so it wasn't a sudden conversation per say, but I never told her what I really was until that very moment. And now I feel at ease. Is anyone on here also biromantic and demi sexual? I would also love to hear about any other identities and how you felt coming out finally.

Congrats to anyone who's successfully come out, and good luck to those who are still waiting to do so. I would also love to speak to anyone that wants to chit chat, everyone on here seems very nice

2. Worker Bee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Quantumreality

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations, Altruistic blue!:thumbsup: That took a lot of courage! It sounds like your mom took it well. It's not unusual that she needs time to process what you told her - after all, you've had your whole life to understand and accept your sexuality.:slight_smile:

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on gathering the courage and letting your mom know. It's great that you feel liberated, and at ease. I am sure your mom won't need all too long to process your coming out. :slight_smile:

5. HerRainbow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Congrats!!! It's awesome that you got the courage to tell your mum :slight_smile:

6. Altruistic blue

Wow thank you everyone