1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out to one of my closets friends!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by nat03, Mar 14, 2019.

1. nat03

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi everyone!! I just came out to one of my closest friends and it could not have been a better experience. I took her for a drive and it was really awkward for a while bc I was planning on telling her and I was super quiet because I actually thought I was going to throw up. I parked in front of her house before dropping her off and just said “can i tell you something and you can’t tell anyone else” and she just guessed it right away. I’m super straight passing so I feel like most ppl would be surprised but I have known her for about 10 years so I guess she just had a feeling. It was overall amazing but the only thing that bothered me is that she told me that I shouldn’t come out to my other closest friend. I’m in a really tight friend group of about 7 girls but I’m the closest with these two and when I came out to this one friend she told me not to tell the other. I wasn’t planning on telling my other friend bc she has some homophobic tendencies but the friend I came out to also told me that I shouldn’t tell any of my other friends before I tell her because she’ll be more upset if she’s the last person I tell. Which kind of makes sense because I’ve known her for 12 years and I would b upset in her situation but I also feel comfortable telling my other friends and just kinda want to come out to them. I’m not sure if that made sense but I’m just wondering if I should take my friends advice or if I should just come out to my other friends and see what happens.

2. nat03

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I totally just spelled “closest” wrong in the title but don’t know how to fix it. I promise i’m not dumb

totally

3. Gutterpunk

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    welcome to my world, i'm a great typist, but I do a lot of dumb dangerous stuff that beat the crap out of me, causing nerve damage in my face and hands, so I'll be typing and my hand will spasm and mash five or six keys, which happens five or six times a sentence. the same thing happens in my speech, my jaw or tongue will spasm mid-sentence and I'll just break a word apart. gotta love being accident prone

4. nat03

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh wow that sounds horrible i’m sorry

5. Gutterpunk

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it's fine now, what's really annoying was when i cut a verve bundle one the left side of my face so i looked like i was having a constant stroke

6. Gutterpunk

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    but that never happens now