1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

came out to my very religious neighbour

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by YermanTom, Apr 20, 2018.

1. YermanTom

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just came out to my very religious neighbour. As a couple they are both heavily involved in their church and very clean living. They were childhood sweethearts and still in love, with two kids a 10 and 5 year old. He is super fit, in every meaning of the phrase, as in Olympic standard and hot!

The conversation went like this:-

Me: I just thought I should let you know. We will be selling the house by the end of the year.

Him: We will miss you. Are you moving to a bigger place? (he looked disappointed)

Me: We will have to buy two separate places. We are splitting up (he looked shocked).

Him: That’s tough I hope things will work out for you both.

Me: We will stay best of friends. We are splitting up because I’m gay.

Him: Nobody is bothered with that any more. This country has come on dramatically in the last twenty years. Will you move down to your home town?

Me: No, I’d like to stay in this county, I want to stay with the same running club.

Him: Yea… you are very competitive…….(a very long conversation ensued about training, competing and race times etc. )

The whole gay thing was irrelevant.

When I do move I will miss the best neighbours you could possibly ask for.

Drizzle likes this.
  2. Sundara

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Congratulations Tom,
    I am happy to hear that. It was very simple conversation, direct but you did it well.

I come out to some people who very close to me. The first is my nephew, my ex girlfriend was in high school, my wife and the last is my best friend forever. My friendship with my best friend started from the first grade of elementary school until now.
    My best friend (he) knows me that I am gay not from me but from my ex gf. Me, he and my ex gf in the same school when we was in senior high school.
    I and my ex gf now such like brother and sister. She shocked when I told her that I am gay. Need few days to accept me as gay eventually she said that she is ok.
    One day I asked to her, would you like to let him know (my best friend) that I am gay because It is very difficult for me to talk about it with him?
    She did it, and when I chatted with him, he already known me as gay. So I asked him, "Are we still friend forever ?" He answered "Yea why not, you always be my friend".

You know my background is moslem country and I am moslem so it needs braveness to do here.

#2 Sundara, Apr 20, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    YermanTom likes this.